Gujarat SET 2018 Exam Application Form, Exam Dates, Gujarat SET 2018 Eligibility, Exam Pattern, Admit Card, Answer Key, Result, Syllabus
Gujarat SET 2018 or GSET 2018 is the 12th Gujarat State Eligibility Test. Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Vadodara has released GSET (Gujarat SET) 2018 hall ticket in 2nd week of August, 2018. The Gujarat SET 2018 will be held at six different centers namely Ahmedabad, Vadodara, Rajkot, Patan, Surat, and Bhavnagar in Last week of August, 2018. State Agency will hold exam for 23 subjects.
The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Vadodara as State Agency for the Gujarat State organizes Gujarat State Eligibility Test to determine merit for teaching profession. All Eligible and interested applicants can apply via online mode from the official website of exam conducting authority i.e. www.gujaratset.ac.in. Applicants those who qualify GSET are eligible to apply for job as Assistant Professors in UGC recognized institutions. Here in this article applicants can get a complete details of GSET 2018 such as notification, application form, admit card, result, eligibility, syllabus.
GSET 2018 Exam – Notification
Gujarat SET 2018 will be conducted in Last week of August 2018. We will update you soon after Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Vadodara officially announced the exam schedule.
Gujarat SET Exam – Important Dates
Here, we provide Tentative Exam Schedule for Gujarat SET 2018 below:
|Fill GSET 2018 Application Form||Last week of April, 2018|
|Last date to apply||2nd week 0f June, 2018|
|Last day of fee collection||2nd week of June, 2018|
|Download GSET 2018 Hall Ticket||2nd week of August, 2018|
|Date of Gujarat State Eligibility Test 2018||Last week of August, 2018|
GSET 2018 – Complete Details
- Educational qualification – Applicants must have complete or are studying in final year of UGC specified Master’s degree.
- Selection process – There will be three papers in GSET 2018. Paper I will contain total 60 questions out of which 50 questions will be compulsory. Whereas Paper II and Paper III will contain total 50 and 75 questions each.
- Age limit – There is no upper age limit.
- How to apply – Fill and submit GSET 2018 Application Form at www.gujaratset.ac.in.
- Application fee – Rs. 800/- for General and OBC applicants. Rs. 700/- for SC / ST / PH / VH applicants.
Gujarat SET 2018 – Application Form
The 12th Gujarat SET will be conducted in Last week of August 2018. In order to fill the application form, applicants need to pay the application fee via bank Challan. Firstly applicants need to download the bank Challan from official website of GSET 2018, i.e. www.gujaratset.ac.in. After 24 hours of generating Challan, applicants can pay their fee at bank branch (Bank of Baroda). Then they can enter data in GSET 2018 Application Form and submit form.
- Applicants are required to refer to official documents while filling up GSET 2018 Application Form.
- Pay your application fee in prescribed mode only.
- Above all, keep in mind that you should complete all steps including paying fees and filling form before last date.
How to Apply Gujarat SET 2018:
- They can apply for the same via online mode.
- The applicants must fill the online form of the exam by going on to the official site
- They must submit their documents after proper scanning.
- Then they must submit the fee
- Finally they must submit the form.
GSET 2018 – Hall Ticket
Applicants can download their hall ticket before exam. Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Vadodara, will publish GSET 2018 Hall Ticket SEVEN days prior to the Examination day. No hall ticket will be sent to the applicants by post. The applicants should download their hall ticket from the official website to ascertain their venue of GSET Examination as mentioned in the Hall Ticket and appear in the examination only at the designated examination center. No applicant will be allowed further to appear at the examination center if he/she not having the examination Hall Ticket.
Gujarat SET – Exam Pattern
Gujarat Government organizes State Eligibility Test (GSET) in the Last week of August, 2018 (Sunday) for determining the Eligibility of Gujarat state’s applicants for Assistant Professor in universities and colleges of Gujarat State.
Gujarat State Eligibility Test (GSET) qualified applicants will be eligible to apply for Assistant Professor will be governed by the rules and regulations for recruitment of Assistant Professor of the concerned Universities / Colleges / State Government of Gujarat State, as the case may be.
GSET Examination will comprise of three papers. All the 3 papers will comprise of only MCQ’s/ Objective type questions and will be held in two separate sessions as under:
|Paper||Number of questions||Marks|
|Paper I||60 questions, out of which 50 are compulsory||100|
|Paper II||50 questions, all compulsory||100|
|Paper III||75 questions, all compulsory||150|
MSU, Baroda will hold Paper I and II in first session (9.30 AM to 10.45 AM, and 11 AM to 12.15 PM). Whereas Paper III will be in second session (2 PM to 4.30 PM).
- Paper I is of general nature. Correspondingly, it will assess research/ teaching aptitude. There will be questions on comprehension, divergent thinking, reasoning ability, and general awareness. To point out, only 50 questions will be compulsory to attend.
- Paper II questions will be based on the subject that were previously selected by the applicant, significantly, all will be compulsory.
- Similarly, Paper II questions will also have based on subject selected by the applicant.
GSET 2018 – Syllabus
Applicants those who appear for state level eligibility test can also appear in CSIR NET or UGC NET.
In view of that, state agency has kept Gujarat SET Syllabus same as UGC / CSIR NET. Thus it is easier for the applicants to prepare for GSET (Gujarat State Eligibility Test).
Even if any applicant do not know the syllabus for UGC / CSIR NET, then you can download the same from the official website i.e. www.gujaratset.ac.in.
Go via complete syllabus and prepare for GSET. Mainly focus on preparing theory and also solve MCQ (multiple choice questions) alongside.
- Mathematical Science
- Physical Science
- Chemical Science
- Life Science
- Political Science
- Library and Information Sciences
- Computer Science and Applications
- Physical Education
- Home Science
There are total 23 subjects. Three subjects were added in that of last time GSET. Applicants should particularly select subject eligible for only.
Subject Code – Subject Name
Gujarat SET 2018 – Answer Key
M.S. University (Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda) as state agency will publish Gujarat SET Answer Key 2018 on the official website of exam conducting authority i.e. gujaratset.ac.in.
However, there are also chances that coaching centers will release unofficial keys after exam get conducted. Be that as it may, applicants can also refer to GSET 2018 Answer Key to know correct answers. Applicants will also be able to estimate their score and analyse selection chances using answer key. After exam applicants will get Gujarat SET 2018 Question Paper and Answer Key.
Gujarat SET 2018 – Result
To qualify the SET (State Eligibility Test), applicant must attain cut off marks and be in top 15% in category and subject wise merit list. Result of Gujarat SET 2018 will be announced few weeks after the examination get conducted. Applicants can simply login to check their result. Details related to cut off marks and preparation of merit list are given below.
- Step I: Minimum marks to be attained in Gujarat SET (GSET) for considering applicant for eligibility for Assistant Professor:
Applicants are required to gain/ obtain following minimum marks separately in Paper I, Paper II and Paper III as explained below:
In the first place, Applicant must gain following marks.
|Minimum marks (%)||SC / ST / OBC / PH / VH||General|
|Paper I||35 (35%)||40 (40%)|
|Paper II||35 (35%)||40 (40%)|
|Paper III||60 (40%)||75 (50%)|
- Step II: Are for those applicants who have cleared step I, a merit list will be prepared category-wise and subject wise using the aggregate marks of all the 3 papers secured by such applicants.
- Step-III: 15% Top candidates (for each category and subject), from the merit list mentioned under step-II, will be declared GSET (Gujarat SET) qualified for eligibility for Assistant Professor. It may be noted that the above qualifying criteria decided by GSET is final and binding.
Note: There is no provision of re – evaluations of papers.
If any applicant having query regarding Gujarat SET 2018, then you may leave your query below in the comment box.