GPAT 2018 Application form, Exam Date, Eligibility, Exam Pattern, Registration
All India Council for Technical Education (popularly known as AICTE) organize national level examination GPAT (stands for Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test) in order to offer admission to eligible candidates in Master’s degree of Pharmacy known as M.Pharma. Examination will be conducted in 3rd week of January, 2018. All candidates are advised to check the eligibility criteria before they start their application process. GPAT (Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test) score is being used by all AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education) approved University/ Institutions Departments and Constituent Colleges. In the field of Pharmacy, scores are also considered for providing scholarships and other financial assistance. Applicants can check all details about GPAT 2018 here in this article who are willing to take admission in M.Pharma programme for the academic year of 2018-2019.
GPAT 2018 – Notification
Registration for GPAT 2018 will be started from 20th October 2017. Click here to apply for Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test 2018.
GPAT 2018 Exam Date
Check the GPAT Exam Date 2018 including the dates of application, admit card, exam and result. All the dates given below are officials:
|Online GPAT Registration Start Date||20th October 2017|
|Trial Test Release Date||27th October 2017|
|Last Date for Registration||25th December 2017 (10:00 AM) (Extended)|
|Fee Payment Last Date through Challan||27th December 2017|
|Date of GPAT 2018 Examination||21st January 2018 (9:30 AM to 12:30 PM)|
|Admit Card Availability||12th January 2018|
|Announcement of the Results of GPAT 2018||14th February 2018|
|Downloading of Score Cards||To be Announced|
GPAT 2018 Application Form
The registration procedure for GPAT 2018 will start from 1st week of November, 2017. All the candidates can fill their application forms only via online mode from the official website of exam conducting authority. All candidates are advised to apply for the examination on or before the last date of submission of application which is 2nd week of December, 2017. The application procedure of GPAT 2018 will be completed in 3 different stages i.e. Registration, Online Payment, and Application form filling.
All the applicants’ first need to meet the eligibility criteria stated below in order to get eligible for the examination:
- The candidates must be an Indian national.
- The candidates should have completed their Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy (4 years after 12th standard, including lateral entry candidates).
- Candidates those who are in their final year of B.Pharma are also eligible to apply for GPAT 2018.
- There is no age limit for appearing examination.
- All the candidates have to pay Rs. 1400/- + Bank charges (if applicable) as a registration fee for the examination. (For Non-Reserved Category applicants)
- The registration fee (For SC/ST/PWD) is Rs. 700/- + Bank charges as applicable.
- All applicant can pay their registration fee only via online mode (i.e. by using credit/debit card/net banking).
- For offline payments, the candidates have to generate challan from the official website/ portal.
- The offline fee can be paid at any branch of SBI bank using this challan.
|For General / OBC Applicants||Rs. 1400 + Bank charges as applicable|
|For Female / SC / ST / PwD Applicants||Rs. 700 + Bank charges as applicable|
GPAT 2018 Exam Pattern
- Exam Mode: The examination will be conducted on online mode and will be held in a single session.
- Exam Duration: The duration of examination is 3 hours.
- Total Questions: There will be total 125 questions and total marks will be 500.
- Marking Scheme: The candidates will be awarded 4 marks for each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: 1 mark will be deducted as a penalty for wrong answers.
Check details for: GPAT Exam Pattern 2018
Click here to check GPAT 2018 More FAQs.
|Mode of Exam||Computer Based Test (CBT)|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours. (180 Minutes)|
|Total Number of Questions||125 Questions.|
|Total Marks||500 Marks.|
|Marking Scheme||4 Marks will be awarded for every right answer|
|Negative Marking||1 Mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer|
GPAT 2018 Admit Card
- All applicants need to log in using the username and password to download their admit card.
- In the 2nd week of January, 2018, GPAT admit card 2018 will be available for download from AICTE-GPAT website.
- On the day of the examination, a printout of downloaded admit card must be brought to the test center.
GPAT 2018 Result
- Examination results for GPAT 2018 will be released in 3rd week of January, 2018.
- All candidates can download their results from the official website of exam conducting auhtority.
- If any candidate is interested in getting admission in PhD degree after completing M.Pharma then the GPAT score card will be valid for one year and the candidates do not have to appear in the Ph. D. entrance examination conducted by Indian universities.
Read More Details: GPAT Result 2018, Merit List
GPAT 2018 Score card
- GPAT 2018 Score card will be released by AICTE after the declaration of exam results.
- GPAT score card is valid only for one year i.e. for admission to the current academic session only.
- To download the score card, applicants need to enter details like email address and password.
- All India merit list prepared will be based on the scores obtained by the applicants in online entrance examination of GPAT.
- The merit list specifies Total Score, Rank, Applicant Roll number, Category and Qualified/Not-Qualified status of all the applicants.
GPAT 2018 Counselling
- All eligible applicants can participate in the GPAT Counseling process organized individually by the institutions.
- Seats Allotment will depend on the applicant scores in the entrance exam.
- All applicants are required to take part in the admission procedure of respective institutions, on the basis of their GPAT scores 2018.
Read More Details: GPAT Counselling 2018, Institute List
Syllabus of GPAT 2018
- Examination Syllabus for GPAT 2018 will be prescribed by AICTE.
- Marine pharmacognosy
- Basic Metabolic Pathways/Biogenesis
- General Techniques of Biosynthetic Studies
- Role of plant-based drugs on the national economy
- Applications of plant tissue culture in pharmacognosy
- Physical pharmacy
- Microbiology in pharmacy
- Dosages forms, designing & evaluations
- Pharmaceutical Jurisprudence & ethics
- The Importance of unit operations in manufacturing
- Introduction to Dispensing and community pharmacy
Pharmaceutical Chemistry Syllabus
- Medical Chemistry
- Pharmaceutical analysis
- Inorganic Pharmaceutical & Medical chemistry
- Physical Chemistry and its importance in pharmacy
- Organic Chemistry and its importance in pharmacy
- Volatile of Drugs
- Sources of Drugs
- Alkaloid Containing Drugs
- Studies of Traditional Drugs
- Glycoside Containing Drugs
GPAT 2018: Important Points
- GPAT 2018 examination will be conducted via online mode as a CBT (computer-based test)
- GPAT 2018 examination will be organized once in a year
- Mention eligibility criteria section of our article to check the eligibility
- 1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer as a negative marking provision
- Applicants can pay their registration fee via online mode (i.e. by using credit card/debit card/net banking) or via offline mode (by using SBI Bank Challan)
- GPAT 2018 scorecard will be validate for one year only
- Applicants have to download the score card from the official website of GPAT.
- Once the application form is submitted, no changes will be allowed further.
- There will be no age criteria for applying GPAT 2018.
If any applicant having a query regarding GPAT 2018, then you may leave your query below in the comment box.