GATE Application Form 2018, Exam Dates, Eligibility Criteria, How to Apply
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is a national level entrance exam for admission to Post-Graduate courses in the field of technology and engineering. Applicants can get admissions into Ph.D. / M.Tech. Programmes in IISc, IITs, IISERs and other well-reputed institutions through GATE score. Every year, GATE is organized by the seven region IITs and an IISc on a rotational basis. GATE 2018 Dates will be notified/ informed in July 2017. Gate exam score is also considered one of the standard/ criteria for recruitment to private & government associations working in technical fields, apart from giving admission into the college. Applicants can check here complete details about GATE 2018 Entrance Examination. In this article, we provide you all information regarding GATE Application Form 2018 eligibility criteria, application form, exam date, admit card, syllabus Registration, Notification, pattern. Etc.
GATE Application form 2018 Important Dates
|Gate 2018 Application Form Start||1st of September, 2017 (on Friday)|
|Last date to apply||5th of October, 2017 (on Thursday)|
|Last date of Request for Change in City||17th November, 2017 (Friday)|
|Application Form Correction window||2nd week of November, 2017|
|GATE 2018 Admit Card Availability||5th of January, 2018 (Friday)|
|GATE 2018 Online Exam Date (CBT)||3rd – 4th February & 10th – 11th, 2018 February (on Saturdays & Sundays)|
(Forenoon: 9:00 AM to 12:00 Noon)
|Result declaration||17th of March, 2018 (on Saturday)|
|Availability of Score Card||End of May 2018|
GATE Eligibility Criteria
Applicants can check eligibility criteria. In order to fill the GATE 2018 application form, applicants should have any of the qualification as declared below:
|Qualification Required||Description about the Qualifying degree||Status of the Degree||Year of Passing|
|B.Sc. Research/B.S.||4-years Bachelor’s degree in Science (post-diploma or after 10+2)||Pursuing final year examination or completed||2018|
|B.Arch||5-years bachelor’s degree in Architecture||Pursuing final year examination or completed||2018|
|4-years Post-BSc Integrated Master’s degree programs in Engineering / Technology||Presently in 2nd/3rd/4th year or completed||2010|
|B.E./B.Tech/B.Pharm||4-years B.Tech (after 10+2) in any stream or 3-years B.Tech lateral entry (after B.Sc./Diploma in Engineering/Technology). Final year candidates may also apply.||Pursuing final year examination or completed||2018|
|Int. M.Sc/Int. B.S.-M.S.||Integrated M.Sc. or Five years integrated|
B. S./M. S. program
|Pursuing final year examination or completed||2018|
|M. Sc./M.A./MCA or|
|Master’s degree in Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent||Currently in the final year or completed||2018|
|Int. M.E./M.Tech or Dual Degree (after Diploma or 10+2)||5-years Integrated Master’s degree program or Dual Degree program in Engineering/Technology||Currently in 4th/5th year or completed||2019|
|Professional Society Examination equivalent to B.Tech/B.E./B.Arch||B.Tech/B.E/ B.Arch equivalent examinations of Professional Societies, recognized by UPSC/ MHRD/AICTE (e.g., AMIE by Institution of Engineers-India, AMICE by the Institute of Civil Engineers India)||Completed section A or equivalent of such professional|
Note: International applicants should have passed their Bachelor’s degree in Technology/ Engineering or PG (M.Sc.) degree in any relevant /related science subject.AT the time of filling the application form, applicants need to upload their proof of qualification eligibility. Applicants who have passed their qualifying degree in 2017 or before are needed to submit their degree provisional certificate/ certificate while the other applicants have to upload the certificate from the head of the institution/ Principal.
- Women applicants and those applicants who belong to SC/ST/PWD need to pay Rs. 750/- as an Application fee
- Whereas applicants those who belong to other categories need to pay Rs. 1500/- as an Application fee for the same.
Steps to fill GATE Application Form 2018
- Firstly applicants need Register themselves as a “New User” in the official website of exam conducting authority.
- At the time of registration, applicants need to enter their email address, mobile number, & GOAPS password.
- After that upload the scanned photograph, left thumb impression, signature, & other certificates like category certificate & degree certificate.
- The application will not be considered complete, without the fee payment.
- Applicants can edit their application details, before pressing the Submit and Confirm button.
- Once the applicant submitted his/her application form then, no correction will be allowed further.
- Still, corrections in some fields will be permitted at the time of correction period.
- Gate Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) is the main authority through which applicants can access the GATE 2018 application form.
- Applicants those who are in the final semester of B.Tech are eligible to apply for the exam but he/she need to upload the declaration from their University Principal along with the signature and seal of the college.
- Applicants can appear the exam any number of times.
- Applicants can check their application status by logging to the GOAPS official website.
- There is no need to send the hard copy (printout) of application form.
- Applicants those who complete B.Tech in 2017 but having a backlog can apply for the examination but those applicants need to clear their backlog before August 2018 to be eligible for admission.
- Applicants can fill only one application form, with one e-mail id.
- Applicants can only correct their mistakes in the fields such as Name of Applicant, Date of Birth, Name of parent/Guardian, Year of qualifying degree, Caste.
If any applicant having query regarding GATE Application form 2018, then you may leave your query below in the comment box.