CUSAT 2018 Exam Application form, Dates, Cat, CUSAT 2018 Eligibility, Pattern, Syllabus, Reservation, Admit Card, Result, Counselling, CAT Admission, Courses Offered.
CUSAT 2018: Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT) 2018 is a govt.-owned autonomous/self-governing university. CUSAT University organizes CAT (Common Admission Test), LET (Lateral Entry Test) and DAT (Departmental Admission Test) every year. On the basis of these tests, aspirants can get admission in the Under Graduate, Post Graduate and Ph.D programmes of the university in several streams of academic and professional education. CUSAT (CAT) 2018 is conducted for the B.Tech Programme and all other PG programmes. In this article, we provide all information related to CUSAT 2017 CAT, Application form, Exam Dates, Eligibility, Syllabus, Pattern, latest notification, etc.
CUSAT CAT 2018 – Overview
CUSAT Exam Dates 2018
Here, candidates can check the official exam dates of CUSAT CAT 2018:
|Notification Issue Date||1st week of February 2018|
|Starting of online application form||February 2018|
|Last date for online submission||Last week of February 2018 (for Indian and NRI candidates) and Last week of April 2018 (International Candidates/PIO/Children of Indian Gulf Workers)|
|Admit Card Downloading||Third week of April 2018|
|Exam Date||28th & 29th April 2018|
|Issue of DAT Application Form for PhD, M Phil & Diploma Programmes||Third week of January 2018 to Third week of February 2018|
|Announcement of Result||Last week of May 2018|
CUSAT 2018 Application Form
- Application Form for CUSAT 2018 will be available through online process from the official portal.
- Online registration has been commenced from 2nd week of of February 2018.
- Aspirants can complete their application form & make fee payment till 15th of March 2018.
- After registration all aspirants are required to take a hard-copy (printout) of the confirmation page for the future use.
- No need to send any documents/certificate by post.
Aspirants can pay their fee through online mode only. Payment can be done through credit/debit card or net banking.
|Post-Doctoral, Diploma, Certificate Programmes||Rs.100 (Rs.50 ST/ST Aspirants)|
|Additional Fee pay by the Aspirants opting for Dubai as Test Centre||Rs.10000|
Fee payment can be done through SBI or SBT Challan or through credit card/debit card/Net banking.
Note: Candidates applying for post-doctoral, M.Phil, Ph.D, Diploma or certificate programmes are required to submit the prescribed fee at the concerned department in the form of DD from SBI or SBT drawn in favour of The Registrar, CUSAT payable at Ernakulam.
CUSAT CAT Eligibility
Here we provide eligibility criteria for CUSAT 2018. For each programmes, the eligibility norms/criteria are separate:
- All Indian/Foreign/PIO aspirants are eligible to apply.
- Those aspirants belong to the KST (Kerala Scheduled Tribe) and KSC (Kerala Scheduled Cast) communities/areas are also eligible only if they secure minimum passing marks in their qualifying exam except for Marine Engineering.
- In case of Post Graduate Programmes, Socially and Educationally Backward Classes with Non-Creamy Layer Status (SEBC-NCL) aspirants of Kerala state are eligible for 5% of relaxation in the minimum needed/required marks for qualifying exam unless otherwise specified.
- For all Under Graduate programmes (except Marine Engineering), the minimum eligibility for Socially and Educationally Backward Classes with Non-Creamy Layer Status (SEBC-NCL) of Kerala State for admission to Bachelor in Technology programme is 45% for Mathematics and 45% for physics, Chemistry Mathematics put together in the qualifying exam.
- Aspirants those who’s having valid GATE score card are eligible for 5% relaxation in the qualifying exam marks for Master in Technology Programmes.
- Aspirants who apply for the B.Tech programme, firstly they have to qualify their 10+2examination from Kerala state or any other examination accepted as alike thereto with PCM.
- Aspirants who apply for MBA programmes, they have to pass MAT 2018/ CMAT 2018/ CAT 2018.
- Those aspirants who want to get admission in Master in Technology programme (except Marine engineering), they have to qualify GATE 2018 or DAT 2018 (organized by the university).
Qualification Eligibility As per Courses
|B.Tech/5-year Integrated M.Sc in Photonics|
|B.Tech Marine Engineering|
|BBA/LL.B. (Hons)/B.Com.LL.B. (Hons.)|
|M Voc in Technology and Management Consulting||Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (in any branch) with 60% marks in MBA or B.Voc degree in relevant discipline with at least 60% marks.|
|LL.M.||Bachelor’s degree in law with minimum 45% marks.|
CUSAT Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for First Degree programmes and Lateral Entry to III Semester B.Tech Programme (LET) is given here.
- Examination Mode: CUSAT CAT will be conducted in online mode (CBT).
- Question Paper Type: The question paper will contain objective type questions.
- Number of Questions: Each course has different number of questions.
- Subjects: Each course will include different subjects..
- Exam Duration: The time allotted to answer the questions will be 3 hours.
- Marking Scheme: 3 marks will be awarded for each correct answer and 1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect response.
|Courses||Sections||Number of Questions|
|First Year B.Tech/Integrated M.Sc in Photonics||Mathematics||125|
|BBA.LL.B. (Hons.)/B.Com.LL.B. (Hons.)||General English||50|
|Reasoning and Logical Thinking Ability||50|
|General Awareness and Current Affairs||25|
|Law Related Matters||25|
|General Knowledge/Current Affairs||25|
|M Voc (Technology And Management Consulting)||Quantitative ability||30% questions|
|Data interpretation & logical reasoning||25% questions|
|Verbal & reading comprehension||25% questions|
|Current affairs in technology and business||20% questions|
CUSAT CAT 2018 syllabus will be different for all courses. The syllabus of the first degree programme will be based on class XI and XII level. To secure good marks, aspirants prepare according to the prescribed/recommended course syllabus.
|Socially and Educationally Backward Classes (SEBC)||Kudumbi||1%|
|Other Backward Christian(OBX)||1%|
|Latin Catholic including Anglo-Indian||3%|
|Other Backward Hindu(OBH)||3%|
|Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe||20%|
|Socially and Educationally Backward Classes (SEBC)||LCC/SIUC||1%|
|Other Backward Christian (OBX)||1%|
|Other Backward Hindu (OBH)||3%|
|Economically Backward Class among Forward Caste (BGN) (Supernumerary)||7.5%|
CUSAT 2018 Admit Card
Admit Card for CUSAT 2018 will be available from the 3rd week of April 2018 (Tentative). Aspirants can download their admit card from the official portal. Organizing authority will not send the admit card by post to any aspirant. Aspirants need to keep their admit card safe until the admission procedure will be over.
CUSAT 2018 Result
Results for CUSAT 2018 will be published on the official site of the organizing body. The result will be announced on 3rd week of April 2018. Aspirants will get their results after they enter their roll number. On the basis of the performance/marks of the aspirants, the merit list will be made. The merit list will be available on the official portal of the University.
CUSAT 2018 Counselling
Counselling procedure for CUSAT 2018 will be commenced after the few weeks of the result declaration. The counseling schedule will be published on the official portal of the authority. The CUSAT Counselling will be held for all the passing aspirants. No Individuals call letters/ messages/ letters/ e-mails will be sent to the aspirants by post. In the counselling procedure, aspirants have to register themselves for admission to several academic programmes of the University. The registration will be done only through the login portal, we provide a login portal link here after the official counselling notification released. Successfully registered aspirants will be get seats as per their rank/marks/performance and availability of the seats.
All the academic admissions will be based on the merit of the aspirants as determined through an admission test. The admission will be based on the valid rank/score in the prescribed/prearranged examination/test and score that is obtained in the group interview/discussion. Aspirants also fulfill the recommended/required eligibility criteria for their appearing course. For certain programmes, NLT (National Level tests) such as C-MAT (AICTE), GATE, CAT (IIM) and MAT (AIMA), will also consider as an eligibility requirement.
If any Applicant having query related to CUSAT 2018, then feel free to leave comments in the comment box.