CUSAT 2017: Application form, Exam Dates, Eligibility, Syllabus, Pattern
CUSAT (Cochin University of Science and Technology) 2017 is a govt.-owned autonomous/self-governing university. CUSAT University organizes Common Admission Test (CAT), Lateral Entry Test (LET) and Departmental Admission Test (DAT) every year. On the basis of these tests, applicants can get admission in the Under Graduate, Post Graduate and Ph.D programmes of the university in several streams of academic and professional education. CUSAT (CAT) 2017 is conducted for the B.Tech Programme and all other PG programmes. In this article, we provide all information related to CUSAT CAT: Application form, Exam Dates, Eligibility, Syllabus, Pattern, latest notification, etc.
- Master of Intellectual Property Rights with Ph.D
- Master of Vocation (M.Voc)
- Tech/B.Tech lateral Entry
- LLB/B.Com with LLB/BBA with LLB
- Post Doctoral Research
- MCA/MCA Lateral Entry
- LLM with Ph.D
CUSAT Exam Date
Here, we are giving all the official schedule of CUSAT 2017 exam dates:
|Online Registration (except M.Phil/ Ph.D/Diploma or certificate programmes)||8th of February to 28th of February 2017 (without late fee)|
|Online Registration for M.Tech/MBA||14th of February 2017|
|Online Registration with Rs. 100/- late fee||1st of March to 10th of March 2017|
|Registered applicants can complete application & payment||15th of March 2017|
|Admit Card Available on||15th of April to 30th of April 2017|
|Examination date||29th & 30th of April 2017|
|Result Declare (CAT)||Last week of May 2017|
CUSAT 2017 Application Form
- Application Formfor CUSAT 2017 will be available via online process from the official website.
- Online registration has been commenced from8th of February 2017.
- Applicants can complete their application form & make fee payment till 15th of March 2017.
- After registration all applicants are required to take a hard-copy (printout) of the confirmation page for the future use.
- No need to send any documents/certificateby post.
Applicants can pay their fee via online mode only. Payment can be done via credit/debit card or net banking.
|Post-Doctoral, Diploma, Certificate Programmes||Rs.100 (Rs.50 ST/ST Applicants)|
|Additional Fee pay by the Applicants opting for Dubai as Test Centre||Rs.10000|
CUSAT CAT Eligibility
Here we provide eligibility criteria for CUSAT 2017. For each programmes, the eligibility norms/criteria are separate:
- All Indian/Foreign/PIO applicants are eligible to apply.
- Those applicants belong to the KST (Kerala Scheduled Tribe) and KSC (Kerala Scheduled Cast) communities/areas are also eligible only if they secure minimum passing marks in their qualifying exam except for Marine Engineering.
- In case of Post Graduate Programmes, Socially and Educationally Backward Classes with Non-Creamy Layer Status (SEBC-NCL) applicants of Kerala state are eligible for 5% of relaxation in the minimum needed/required marks for qualifying exam unless otherwise specified.
- For all Under Graduate programmes (except Marine Engineering), the minimum eligibility for Socially and Educationally Backward Classes with Non-Creamy Layer Status (SEBC-NCL) of Kerala State for admission to Bachelor in Technology programme is 45% for Mathematics and 45% for physics, Chemistry Mathematics put together in the qualifying exam.
- Applicants those who’s having valid GATE scorecard are eligible for 5% relaxation in the qualifying exam marks for Master in Technology Programmes.
- Applicants who apply for the B.Tech programme, firstly they have to qualify their 10+2examination from Kerala state or any other examination accepted as alike thereto with PCM.
- Applicants who apply for MBA programmes, they have to pass MAT 2017/ CMAT 2017/ CAT 2017.
- Those applicants who want to get admission in Master in Technology programme (except Marine engineering), they have to qualify GATE 2017 or DAT 2017 (organized by the university).
CUSAT Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for First Degree programmes and Lateral Entry to III Semester B.Tech Programme (LET) is given here.
First Degree Programmes
- Exam Mode: online process (Computer Based Test).
- Marking Scheme: on each and every right answer applicants will be rewarded with 3 marks and for every wrong answer 1 mark will be deducted for the same.
- No of Questions: question paper contain total 250 MCQ’s type question.
- 125 questions will be asked from Physics and Chemistry and 125 questions from Mathematics.
- Duration: 3 hours (180 minutes).
- Total Marks: Question paper contain a weightage of 750 marks.
Lateral Entry to III Semester B.Tech Programme (LET)
- Mode: online process (Computer Based Test).
- Marking Scheme: on each and every right answer applicants will be rewarded with 3 marks and for every wrong answer 1 mark will be deducted for the same
- No of Questions: question paper contain total 200 MCQ’s type question.
- 20 questions will be asked from Mathematics, 50 from English, 40 from Engineering Graphics, 40 from engineering Mechanics and 50 from General Engineering.
- Duration: 3 hours (180 minutes).
- Total Marks: Question paper contain a weightage of 600 marks.
CUSAT CAT 2017 syllabus will be different for all courses. The syllabus of the first degree programme will be based on class XI and XII level. To secure good marks, applicants prepare according to the prescribed/recommended course syllabus.
|Socially and Educationally Backward Classes (SEBC)||Kudumbi||1%|
|Other Backward Christian(OBX)||1%|
|Latin Catholic including Anglo-Indian||3%|
|Other Backward Hindu(OBH)||3%|
|Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe||20%|
|Socially and Educationally Backward Classes (SEBC)||LCC/SIUC||1%|
|Other Backward Christian (OBX)||1%|
|Other Backward Hindu (OBH)||3%|
|Economically Backward Class among Forward Caste (BGN) (Supernumerary)||7.5%|
CUSAT 2017 Admit Card
Admit Card for CUSAT 2017 will be available from the 3rd week of April 2017 (Tentative). Applicants can download their admit card from the official website. Organizing authority will not send the admit card by post to any applicant. Applicants need to keep their admit card safe until the admission procedure will be over.
CUSAT 2017 Result
Results for CUSAT 2017 will be published on the official site of the organizing body. The result will be announced on 15th of April 2017. Applicants will get their results after they enter their roll number. On the basis of the performance/marks of the applicants, the merit list will be made. The merit list will be available on the official website of the University.
CUSAT 2017 Counselling
Counselling procedure for CUSAT 2017 will be commenced after the few weeks of the result declaration. The counseling schedule will be published on the official website of the authority. The CUSAT Counselling will be held for all the passing applicants. No Individuals call letters/ messages/ letters/ e-mails will be sent to the applicants by post. In the counselling procedure, applicants have to register themselves for admission to several academic programmes of the University. The registration will be done only via the login website, we provide a login website link here after the official counselling notification released. Successfully registered applicants will be get seats as per their rank/marks/performance and availability of the seats.
All the academic admissions will be based on the merit of the applicants as determined via an admission test. The admission will be based on the valid rank/score in the prescribed/prearranged examination/test and score that is obtained in the group interview/discussion. Applicants also fulfill the recommended/required eligibility criteria for their appearing course. For certain programmes, NLT (National Level tests) such as C-MAT (AICTE), GATE, CAT (IIM) and MAT (AIMA), will also consider as an eligibility requirement.
If any applicants have query related to CUSAT 2017, then feel free to leave comments in the comment box.