CTET Application Form 2018 – Application Dates, Eligibility, How to Apply
CTET Application Form 2018: The application form of Central Teacher’s Eligibility Test (CTET) will be made available by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) in December, 2017. All the teaching aspirants will be able to fill the CTET application form through the link that will be provided on this page. The application form of CTET 2018 consists of 4 steps i.e. registration by filling details in application form, photograph & signature upload, payment of fee and print out of confirmation page. All the applicants will have to make sure that they complete all the four steps of the CTET 2018 application form and fill all the details correctly else their applications will be rejected. CBSE will also decide the eligibility conditions for the applicants for each paper. Applicants will have to ensure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria of CTET as per their choice of paper. Ineligible applicants will not be allowed to appear for the exam.
All the applicants will also have to pay a fixed amount of application fees as per their choice of paper. The application fee for Paper I or II for general/OBC category is Rs 600 while for SC/ST/Different abled is Rs 300. The fee payment can be done through e-challan or debit/credit card. The copy of fee payment receipt has to keep safe along with the CTET 2018 application form. CTET 2018 exam is conducted to determine the eligibility of applicants for appointment at the post of teachers from class 1 to 8. The exam is scheduled to be conducted in September. Scroll down to read the complete procedure of how to fill CTET application form 2018.
CTET application form 2018 Dates
The schedule of CTET 2018 exam and application process will be made available by CBSE. Aspirants can check the important dates of CTET application form as given in the table below. Change of dates will be made according to updates released by CBSE.
|Release of Notification||Dec 2017|
|Online application starts||Dec 2017|
|Submission of On-line application||To be notified later|
|Last Date for submission of fee||To be notified later|
|Final status of Candidates||To be notified later|
|Period for On-line Corrections in Particulars||To be notified later|
|Download Admit Card||Jan 2018|
|Date of Exam||Feb 2018|
|Declaration of Result||Apr 2018|
|Dispatch of CTET Marks Statements/Certificate||To be notified later|
How to fill the CTET Application Form 2018?
The application form of CTET will be made available in online mode only. Applicants can check the procedure given below for filling up the CTET application form 2018.
- Step 1: Registration by filling in the online application form.
- Step 2: Upload images of photograph and signature
- Step 3: Fee payment through debit/credit card/net banking or bank challan
- Step 4: Print out of the confirmation page
Step 1: Registration by filling in the online application form
- Filling up of personal details: Applicant should fill his/her Name, Mother’s name and Father’s name, as recorded in the Class X Secondary Board Certificate, in CAPITAL letters. Mention Date of Birth as recorded in the Class X Secondary Board Certificate.
- Choice of Examination Centres: Applicant will have to select three different options for examination centres cities in order of preference from where he/she wishes to appear for the test. The choice (1st, 2nd and 3rd choice) of examination centre city could not be same.
- Languages Offered for CTET: Applicant may select two languages in which he/she wishes to appear for CTET i.e. language I or language II.
- Question Paper Medium: Select Question Paper medium for subjects other than languages from drop down menu box. Applicant can select either English or Hindi.
- Unique Aadhaar No (Optional): Mention your unique Aadhaar Number (UID)
- Gender Select: Gender male and female
- Category: Select category from General, SC, ST and OBC
- Status of Qualifying Exam: Select the status from drop down menu box. If qualified, select ‘Passed’ else select ‘Appearing’ in Final Exam
- Employment Status: Mention employment status by selecting any of the option available in drop down menu box.
- Applying for: Select Paper I if you intent to apply for becoming teacher for classes I to V Select Paper II if you intent to apply for becoming teacher for classes VI to VIII* Select Both (Paper I & Paper II) if you intent to apply for becoming teacher for the both i.e. classes I to V and VI to VIII*
Minimum Educational Qualifications for teaching Classes I to V and VI to VIII
- Applicant must possess Minimum Educational Qualifications for becoming a teacher for Class I to V and VI to VIII
- (A) Minimum Educational Qualifications for becoming teacher for Classes I-V
- Select appropriate Code from drop down menu box if you intent to apply for becoming teacher for classes I to V
- (B)Minimum Educational Qualifications for becoming teacher for Classes VI-VIII
- Select appropriate code from drop down menu box if you intent to apply for becoming teacher for classes VI to VIII
- Mention Roll Number: In case you have appeared in the last three CTET examination conducted i.e. CTET-FEB 2015, CTET-SEPT 2015 or/and CTET-FEB 2016, kindly mention your Roll Number.
- College/educational institution: A drop down facility has been provided to the applicants to choose the college from where they have obtained B.Ed Degree/Diploma in Education/ Elementary Education etc. In case the name of their college is not given they may choose the option OTHER and fill in the required particulars. The applicant may mention the percentage of marks obtained by him/her in the Degree/Diploma in Education/Elementary Education etc.
- Address: Applicant may write complete mailing address including pin code as the same is required for further communication. The board will not be responsible for non-receipt of mark statement/certificate etc. in case the postal address is not complete or legible
- Mobile No: Mention valid mobile number as the updates/alerts related to CTET may be sent on applicant’s mobile number
- E-mail Id: Mention valid E-mail Id as the updates/alerts related to CTET may be sent on applicants e-mail Id.
- Security Pin: Enter security pin as shown below in green colour.
Step 2: Uploading of photograph and signature
Applicants have to upload image and signature as per the dimension and format given below.
- The scanned images of latest photographs and signature should be in jpg format.
- Size of the photo image must be greater than 4 kb and less than 100 kb
- Size of the signature image must be greater than 1 kb and less than 25 kb
- Image Dimension of photograph should be 3.5 cm(width) * 4.5 cm(Height) only
- Image Dimension of signature should be 3.5 cm(length) * 1.5 cm(Height) only
Step 3: Payment of Application
The application fee can be paid through online and offline mode.
Remittance through E-Challan by depositing the prescribed fee in CTET exam fee account with Syndicate Bank or Canara Bank. By Debit/Credit Card.
|Category||Only Paper – I or II||Both Paper – I & II||Payment Mode|
|General/OBC||Rs.600||Rs.1000||Online- Debit/Credit Card/ Net Banking Or Offline- Syndicate/ Canara Bank Challan|
|SC/ST/Differently Abled Person||Rs.300||Rs.500|
Step 4: Printing of the confirmation page
The applicant should fill all the details while filling up the on-line application carefully. After depositing fee in Bank, Applicants are required to take a print out of the computer generated confirmation page after successful submission of data (if fees paid through Challan) and keep it for record and future reference, if required.
Online Correction of CTET 2018 Application Form
The facility to make the correction in the particulars of CTET application form 2018 will be made available by CBSE. All registered applicants will be able to make the correction in the particulars, if any, entered in the application form. This facility will be available for a definite time-frame. The board will not entertain any further correction beyond the stipulated time period fixed by them. Therefore, the applicants are advised to make the corrections carefully. The details required for making correction are:
- Registration No
- Date of Birth
- Enter Security Pin
- CTET Application Form Fee
Eligibility Criteria for CTET 2018 Exam I-V (Primary Level):
- Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 2- year Diploma in Elementary Education (by whatever name known) OR
- Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 45% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 2- year Diploma in Elementary Education (by whatever name known), in accordance with the NCTE (Recognition Norms and Procedure), Regulations, 2002. OR
- Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 4- year Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed). OR
- Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 2- year Diploma in Education (Special Education) OR
- Graduation and passed or appearing in final year of two-year Diploma in Elementary Education (by whatever name known)
Eligibility Criteria for CTET 2018 Exam I-V (Upper Primary Level):
- Graduation and passed or appearing in final year of 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education (by whatever name known) OR
- Graduation with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in 1-year Bachelor in Education (B.Ed). OR
- Graduation with at least 45% marks and passed or appearing in 1- year Bachelor in Education (B.Ed), in accordance with the NCTE (Recognition Norms and Procedure) Regulations issued from time to time in this regard. OR
- Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 4- year Bachelor in Elementary Education (B.El.Ed) OR
- Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 4- year B.A/B.Sc.Ed. or B.A.Ed/B.Sc.Ed. OR
- Graduation with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in 1-year B.Ed. (Special Education)*
CTET 2018 Exam Cities
CBSE will announce the list of examination cities where CTET exam will be conducted. Applicants will have to give three different options in order of their preference while filling up the CTET application form 2018. The board will make every effort to allot a centre in one of the places opted by the applicant. However, CBSE reserves the right to allot a centre other than that of applicant’s choice. No change in the examination centre will be entertained once it is allotted. The applicants should make their choices of exam cities carefully while filling up the application form.
CTET 2018 Admit Card
The admit Card for Central Teachers Eligibility Test will be made available 10 to 15 days prior the commencement of examination. CBSE will release e-admit card for the exam and no admit card will be sent to the applicants by post. To download the CTET 2018 admit card, applicants will have to login using their registration number and date of birth. Admit cards will be issued to those applicants for Paper-I and II exam of CTET who will apply successfully for the exam.
If any applicant having query regarding CTET Application Form 2018, then you may ask us by leaving your query below in the comment box.