CEED 2018: Application Form, Exam Dates, Eligibility, Syllabus, Pattern
CEED (Common Entrance Examination for Design) 2018 is the national level examination organized by IIT Bombay on behalf of Ministry of MHRD (Human Resource Development), Government of India. It is the qualification /prerequisite examination for admission to M.Des and Ph.D programmes in design. Common Entrance Examination for Design scores are used for admission to M.Des courses/ progressions in IISc Bangalore, IIT Guwahati, IIT Kanpur, IIT Bombay, IIT Hyderabad, and in many other institutions. Interested applicants can get complete information about CEED 2018 including CEED 2018: Application Form, Exam Dates, Eligibility, Syllabus, Pattern, admit card, result, Answer key.
CEED 2018 Exam Date
Here, we are mentioning all the important dates of CEED 2018:
|Application Form starts from||Third week of October 2017|
|Last Date of Application Submission without late fee||Second week of November 2017|
|Last Date of Application Submission with late fee||Third week of November 2017|
|Admit Cards available||Fourth week of December 2017|
|Last date to rectify admit card mistake (if any)||Second week of January 2018|
|Examination date||Fourth week of January 2018|
|Draft Answer Key for Part A Published on||Fourth week of January 2018|
|Last date for sending any comments about Part-A Answer Key||Fourth week of January 2018|
|Final Answer Key Released on||First week of February 2018|
|Result Declare on||Second week of March 2018|
|Result declared on||Third week of March 2018|
CEED Application Form 2018
- Registration for CEED 2018 will be starts from the 3rd week of October 2017.
- Application will be submitted through online mode only from the official website.
- Applicants those who submit their application form after the last/closing date have to submit the late fee of Rs. 500/- along with the application fee.
- Application process will continue till the 2nd week of November 2017.
- Candidates are required to upload their scanned photo of their signature, photograph, degree/diploma certificate and category certificate (in case of the completion of course).
- Application forms that are fully /completely filled will be accepted.
Application fee details of CEED 2018 is as follows:
- For General applicants – 2200/-
- For SC/ST/PwD and Women applicants – 1100/-
Application fee is submitted using online mode i.e. using credit card, debit card and net banking. The application fee is non-refundable.
Applicants those wish to apply for CEED examination must check all the eligibility criteria/ conditions that are necessary to apply:
- Qualifying Examination:Applicant must hold degree/diploma/postgraduate degree of 4 years or 3+2 years (after 12th).
Passed GD Arts Diploma programme (10+5) by July 2017.
- Appearing Applicants:Applicants appearing for the qualifying exam are also eligible to fill CEED application form.
- No Age Limit:No prescribed age limit to apply for CEED.
- Number of Limits:Applicants can appear CEED any number of times as no appear number prescribed.
CEED 2018 Exam Pattern
The details about the CEED exam pattern 2018 is given below:
- Course:CEED is an exam to provide admission to D and M.Descourses in design.
- Number of papers:CEED is organized or we can say conducted in two parts i.e. Part-A and Part-B.Part B tests the applicant designing and drawing skills. It is mandatory for the applicants to pass the Part-A in order to qualify for Part-B.
- Mode of Examination:Part-A is aCBT (computer based test) while part-B is the paper based test. For Part-B, questions will be displayed on the answer but applicants have to write the answer in the answer book given by the examiner.
- Language of Question Paper:English language only.
- Number of Questions:Part-A consists of total50 questions and contains 3 sections.
- Type of Questions:Part A contains MCQ’s (Multiple Select Questions) and Numerical Answer Questions.
- Exam Duration:Applicants must attempt Part-A in 1 hour and Part-B in 2 hours.
- Marking Scheme:2 marks will be provided to each correct answer.
- Negative Marking:Part-A consist negative marking of6 mark for each and every wrong answer made in 1st and 3rd sections of part-A.
CEED 2018 Syllabus
CEED is an aptitude test organized or we can say conducted in two parts i.e. Part-A and Part-B. Applicants can prepare the part-A on topics such as Language and Creativity, Environmental and Social Awareness, Design Thinking and Problem Solving, Visualization and Spatial Ability, Analytical and Logical Reasoning, Observation and Design Sensitivity.
Part-B will judge applicants drawing skills, Communication Skills, analytical, Creativity, and problem solving skills. Previous years question papers are also available on CEED website. Applicants can also practice these question papers to get more familiar about the question paper.
CEED 2018 Admit Card
- Admit card will be issued online only to all candidates.
- CEED 2018 admit card will be available for downloading from last week of December 2017 till before the exam.
- Applicants should take a printout of admit card before going to the exam.
CEED Answer Key
- Authority will publish the CEED answer key 2018 in the fourth week of January 2018.
- After receiving comments on draft Part-A answer key, and the final answer key will be released in the 1stweek of February 2018.
- CEED 2018 results will be declared on official website.
- The result will be announced in the 2ndweek of March 2018 tentative.
- After few days of the result announcement, applicants will be able to download the CEED result/ score card.
- Merit list will be made on the basis of Part-B exam only.
CEED Score Card
- Expected released date for CEED Score card will be 3rd week of March 2018.
- And the date will be valid for a period of one year from the declaration of result.
CEED 2018 Admission
IIT Bombay does not have any responsibility to organize the counseling / admission process. On the basis of CEED result, applicants can apply in the respective establishments/ institutes for taking admission. Admitting establishments/ institutes may further take tests/interviews for final selection and give admission.