CDS Application Form 2018 How to Apply, Fee for CDS Application Form 2018
CDS Application Form 2018: The application form of CDS I & II 2018 will be available from November 8, 2017 and August 8, 2018 respectively. Graduate applicants aging between 20 and 24 years with a will to pursue their career as commissioned officers in Army, Navy and Air Force can fill the CDS application form 2018. The last date to fill CDS I & II application form 2018 will be Last week of December, 2018 and September, 2018 respectively. Applicants must note that CDS 2018 application form can be filled only online. Further requisite amount of CDS application fee is to be remitted either online using payment gateway or through bank challan option. The application form of CDS 2018 needs to be filled in two stages. In the first stage of CDS 2018 application process, applicants have to fill basic information including their name, parents’ name, nationality, category, email id, contact details, corresponding address, etc.
After filling the first part of CDS application form 2018, applicants need to click on ‘Continue’ button to begin part II of online registration process. In CDS 2018 application form part II, applicants need to pay the examination fee, upload their images and signature of requisite dimension. Applicants are advised to verify all the filled in details as no correction or modification can be done after final submission of CDS 2018 application form. Check below the detail of CDS application form 2018 like signature & image dimension, procedure to fill application form and important dates.
CDS 2018 Application Dates:
CDS 2018 Application Dates: The table given below shows the important dates of CDS I and CDS II application form 2018.
|Events||For CDS 1|
|Official notice declaration date||8 November 2017|
|Online application will begin from||8 November 2017|
|Receipt of application form Closing date||4 December 2017|
|Admit card allotted date||January- February 2018|
|Written entrance exam date||4 February 2018|
|Result Displayed||May 2018|
CDS 2 2018 Important Dates
|Events||For CDS 2|
|Official notice declaration date||8 August 2018|
|Online application will begin from||September 2018|
|Receipt of application form Closing date||September- October 2018|
|Admit card allotted date||November 2018|
|Written entrance exam date||18 November 2018|
|Result Displayed||Notified later|
CDS 2018 Application Form Fee
Applicants can check the Application Fee for UPSC CDS 2018 below in the table:
|Category||Application Fee||Payment Mode (Either Online or Offline)|
|General & Others||RS. 200|
|Female/SC/ST applicants||No fee (Exempted from paying fee)|
How to Fill CDS application form 2018
Stage 1- Registration Process
Application form of CDS I 2018 can be filled from the Official website of UPSC Or ‘Click Here’ to below link to fill the online application
- Clicking on CDS 2018 application form part I the link would take you to the list of all the active examinations, where you can select to apply for any of the listed examination by clicking on the link click here against each exam
- Applicants have to select ‘Combined Defence Services’ and click on Part I of application form
- Click on the continue button to proceed for the CDS application form 2018 Part I Registration. Upon clicking on continue button a fresh blank form for the Part-I Registration
- The CDS 2018 registration process is divided into 5 pages in which the applicants have to fill in the information, particulars and details asked for
- Fields with red star (*) marks are mandatory and essential to be filled in by the applicant. Below every field clear instructions for filling up are written which should be carefully read and strictly followed by the applicants while filling up the CDS 2018 application form
- While filling Part 1 of CDS application form 2018 applicants have to enter personal information like their name, DOB, Father’s name, Mother’s name, address, , community the applicant belongs to (General, OBC, SC, ST), whether Fee Remission is claimed, whether he/she belongs to minority, marital status, etc. The replica of CDS application form 2018 is shown below
Stage 2- Payment of Examination Fee; Image Uploading, Exam Centre Selection & Declaration Form
- Applicants have to pay the requisite CDS 2018 examination fee as per their category
- Female, SC and ST, applicants are not required to pay fee. When the applicants choose ST or SC in Community field; or Female in the sex field, the fee remission claimed field by default which they are not required to change. These applicants will not be taken through the fee payment details page where the applicants are supposed to fill in the Payment Details while filling up Part-II of the Online Application
CDS 2018 Application Fee: The application fee of CDS 2018 is Rs. 200 which can be paid either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using net-banking/ Visa/ Master Credit/ Debit Card of SBI.
Applicants have to upload the image and signature of requisite dimension while applying for CDS I 2018. The dimension required for image and signature is given below.
- Image Specification: Scanned photograph should be in JPG format. The digital size of photograph must be less than 40 kb and greater than 3 kb and resolution 140 pixel height by 110 pixel width and Bit Depth of image file should be 24 bit
- PhotographSpecification: Then upload your scanned signature in JPG format. The digital size of signature must be less than 40 kb and greater than 1 kb and resolution 110 pixel height by 140 pixel width and Bit Depth of image file should be 24 bit
Selection of Exam Centre
Applicants have to select exam centre from the given drop down menu. Applicants can select up to three exam centres from where they can appear for CDS 2018 scheduled to be held on February 5. Applicants should note that there will be a ceiling on the number of applicants allotted to each of the centres except Chennai, Delhi, Dispur, Kolkata and Nagpur. Allotment of centres will be on the first come and first serve basis.
Signing of Declaration Form
- Applicants have to click on ‘I Agree’ button after filling all the credentials in CDS application form 2018. Applicants are advised to carefully check the filled in application form before final submission as no correction and modification can be done after this.
- On successful completion of CDS application form 2018, an auto-generated email will be sent on the registered email-id. In case email is not received by applicants are advised to check / ensure that submission of Part-II of the Application has been made by them or not
Preferences in CDS Application Form 2018
Order of preference has to be indicated by applicant in CDS 2018 application form. While selecting preferences, applicant should ensure eligibility conditions being met as per the CDS 2018 notification
Male applicants –
- A male applicant is advised to indicate as many preferences as he wishes to so that having regard to his rank in the order of merit due consideration can be given to his preferences when making appointment
- Male applicant who wishes to compete for Short Service Commission (Army) only should indicate OTA as only choice
- Male applicant filling up CDS Application Form 2018 and competing for Short Service Commission Course at OTA as well as Permanent Commission course at IMA, Indian Naval Academy and Air Force Academy should indicate OTA as last preference, otherwise OTA will be deemed to be last choice even if it is given a higher preference by the applicant
- Applicants who wish to join Air Force Academy must indicate AFA as first choice they have qualify the Computer Pilot Selection System (CPSS) and/or Pilot Aptitude Battery Test at one of the AFSBs and AF Medicals at Central Establishment/Institute of Aviation Medicines. Choice exercised for AFA as second/third etc. will be treated as invalid. Therefore, applicants are advised to carefully fill the Air Force choice in CDS Application Form 2018
Women applicants –
Women applicant are eligible to apply for Officers Training Academy, Chennai SSC Women (Non-Technical) Course only
- Female applicants should indicate preference as OTA only in CDS 2018 application form
Note: Applicants are advised to submit only one application form of CDS 2018. Applicants must avoid to multiple applications form. Still, if applicant has submitted more than one CDS Application Form 2018, form with higher Registration ID (RID) is considered. Hence, applicant should ensure that application form with higher RID is complete in all respects.
Professoridea provides all the information regarding the entrance examination after analyzing the facts related to them. However, candidates are advised to keep in touch with the official websites for being updated with any instant changes made by the authority. Official websites are given above in the article.
If any applicant having query regarding CDS Application Form 2018, then you may ask us by leaving your query below in the comment box.