CDS 1 2018 Eligibility Criteria – Applicants interested to appear for CDS 1 2018 are required to meet with following eligibility criteria. Please go through the details related to CDS 1 2018 eligibility criteria furnished below. You need to verify your eligibility before you apply for the entrance test, otherwise, your candidature will be cancelled at any point during the selection procedure.
CDS 1 2018 Eligibility Criteria
In order to become eligible to apply for CDS 1 applicants must meet one of the following nationality criteria:
- Applicants should be a resident of India. Or
- Applicants should be a subject of Nepal. Or,
- Applicants should be a subject of Bhutan. Or,
- Applicants who are Tibetan refugee but came over to India earlier than 1stJanuary 1962 with the aim of setting in India permanently.
- Applicants of Indian origin who have migrated from Sri Lanka, Burma, Pakistan and East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Malawi, Zambia, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam came over to India with the purpose of permanent settling.
- For IMA and Officers’ Training Academy: Applicants should have a degree from a recognized University or its equivalent.
- For Indian Naval Academy: Applicants should have degree in engineering from a recognized institution/university.
- For Air Force Academy: Applicants should have degree from a recognized university along with Mathematics and Physics at 10+2 level or bachelor of engineering.
Note: Final year degree applicants are eligible to apply but they must have to submit the proof of passing the degree exam on or before the prescribed date.
Interested applicants must be physically fit as per the physical standards.
Marital Status, Sex, Age Limit:
- For IMA: Group of unmarried male applicants who are born not before 2nd January 1995 and not after 1st January 2000 eligible.
- For Indian Naval Academy: Eligibility criteria for Indian Naval Academy is as similar to the eligibility criteria for IMA.
- For Air Force Academy: Age of applicant should be in between 20 to 24 years as on 1st January 2018 i.e. applicants who are born not before 02 January 1995 and not after than 01 January 1999 are eligible. Age relaxation is applied for applicants giving genuine and latest Commercial Pilot License issued by DGCA (India).
Note: Applicants whose age is less than 25 years must be unmarried and marriage will not be permitted during training period. Applicants whose age is more than 25 years and married are eligible to apply but they will not get any married accommodation during training period.
- For Officers Training Academy- (SSC Course for Men): Married or unmarried male applicants who are born not before than 2nd January 1994 and not after than 1st January 2000 are eligible to apply.
- For Officers Training Academy (SSC Women Non-Technical Course): Unmarried women, issueless divorcees and issueless widows who have not remarried are eligible to apply. Applicants who are born not before than 2nd January 1994 and not after than 1stJanuary 2000 are eligible to apply.
Note: Male divorcee and widower applicants will not be assumed as unmarried male and hence they are not eligible to admission to INA/ IMA/ AFA courses.
If any applicant having query regarding CDS 1 2018 Eligibility Criteria, then you may ask us by leaving your query below in the comment box.