CBSE UGC NET 2018 (July) Application Form, Exam Date Apply Online: NET (National Eligibility Test) is organized by CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) on behalf of UGC (University Grants Commission) as an offline exam of UGC NET. . It is organized twice in a year i.e. in the month of January and July to determine/ decide the eligibility of Indian candidates for Assistant Professor and for Junior Research Fellowship or for both. Junior Research Fellowship candidates will be eligible to pursue research in their Post Graduate subject. They will pursue the research from IITs or from other national organizations and are also eligible for the post of Asst. professor in Indian Universities/colleges/institutions. In this post aspirants can get the complete details related to CBSE UGC NET 2018 JULY including application form, eligibility, exam dates, pattern, etc.
UGC NET 2018 Notification – Released Now
UGC NET 2018 Notification has been released now. The application will be started from 6th March 2018. Click Here to View Notification.
UGC NET 2018 exam pattern has been changed. Instead of three papers, there will be only two papers, i.e. Paper 1 and Paper 2.
UGC NET 2018 age eligibility criteria has been changed, the maximum age limit for appearing in JRF has been raised by two years, i.e. 30 years. Check more details from below.
CBSE UGC NET 2018 – Important Dates
UGC NET will be held only one time in a year through offline mode. Candidates can check official dates of CBSE NET 2018 exam from here:
|Issue of Detailed Notification||1st February 2018|
|Commencement of online application form||6th March 2018|
|Last date to submit the form||5th April 2018|
|Last date of fee submission||6th April 2018|
|Corrections in particulars of application form||April/May 2018|
|Admit Card Availability||June 2018|
|Exam Date||8th July 2018|
|Availability of Answer Key & OMR Sheet||July 2018|
|Declaration of Result||July 2018|
UGC NET 2018 – Eligibility Criteria
- Aspirants holding Master’s degree or alike by securing minimum 55% of marks (without rounding off) from any recognized university are eligible for the exam. (50% of marks is for SC/ST/OBC/PWD category aspirants).
- Aspirants those who are appearing in the final year are also eligible to apply for the exam (they have to qualify the exam before awarding/ giving/ granting the post). These aspirants must have qualified their Master’s degree within 2 years from the date of NET results.
- Those aspirants will get the 5% of relaxation in aggregate marks/score whose master’s degree was concluded/ completed by 19th of September, 1991.
- All aspirants are advised to appear in the subject of their Master’s only. Aspirants whose post-graduate subjects are not listed in the prescribed list can appear in the related/ associated subjects.
For Junior Research Fellowship:
- Age Limit: The maximum age limit is 30 years as on 1st January 2018.
- Relaxation: 5 years relaxation in the upper age limit will be provided to OBC-NCL, SC, ST and PwD category candidates. Relaxation will also be given to the candidates having research experience. Candidates possessing LL.M. degree will be eligible for 3 years relaxation in age.
UGC NET 2018 – Application Fee
- Candidates can make their Application fee via credit/ debit card or through e-challan.
- Candidates those who pay their fee via e-challan will be paid in cash to following bank ICICI Bank/ Canara Bank/Syndicate Bank /HDFC bank.
|For General category candidates||Rs. 600/-|
|For OBC-NCL category candidates||Rs. 300/-|
|For SC/ST/PwD category candidate||Rs. 150/-|
In reference to notification for UGC-NET(November) 2017 published in the news papers regarding schedule of filling online application for the said examination, following is being informed:
- The use of Aadhaar for the applicants of UGC-NET(November) 2017 will result in accuracy of the applicants’ details. This will also help in ascertaining identities of the applicants at the examination centres in a convenient and hassle free manner. Aadhaar obviates the need for producing multiple documents to prove one’s identity.
- The provisions of the Aadhaar Act and Regulations under the Act have come into effect from 14th September 2016 and notifications to this effect have been published in the Official Gazette. Section 57 of the Aadhaar Act 2016 permits the use of Aadhaar number for establishing the identity of an individual for any purpose pursuant to any law or any contract to this effect.
- Accordingly, CBSE has decided to use Aadhaar for the applicants of UGCNET(November) 2017, and hereby notifies the following:
- Applicants who are in possession of Aadhaar, shall enter Aadhaar number, name, date of birth & gender in online application for UGC-NET(November) 2017 for the purpose of his/her identity and authentication thereof.
- Applicants not yet enrolled for Aadhaar, are hereby required to make application for Aadhaar enrolment in case he/she is entitled to obtain Aadhaar as per section 3 of Aadhaar Act. Such applicant may visit any Aadhaar enrolment center (list available at uidai.gov.in) to get enrolled for Aadhaar.
- The above provisions shall be applicable in all states except J&K, Assam & Meghalaya.
- The applicants from the states of J&K, Assam & Meghalaya need to enter the passport number, ration card number, bank account number or any other valid Govt. identity number provided they should select the city of examination in these states only.
For Assistant Professor:
- Age Limit: No prescribed upper age limit for applying for eligibility for Assistant Professor.
Who are Exempted From Appearing CBSE UGC NET (For Assistant Professor)?
- States Eligibility Test (SET) Applicants:The qualified applicants of SET (held prior to 1st June 2002) are exempted from appearing in NET. These applicants can apply for the post of Assistant Professor anywhere in India. Those who have cleared the SET (1st june 2002 onwards) are eligible to apply for the post of Assistant Professor only in the Universities/colleges situated in the state of passing the SET.
- UGC/CSIR JRF Qualified Applicants:The qualified applicants of UGC/CSIR JRF examination are exempted from appearing the NET but the condition is that the examination must be passed prior to 1989.
- D Degree Holders: Applicants possessing the Ph.D degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission shall be exempted from the requirement of NET/SELT/SET for recruitment of Assistant Professor in Universities/institutions.
UGC NET – Exam Pattern (Revised)
Candidates can check the Revised Exam Pattern for UGC NET (CBSE) Exam below:
- Papers: The test will consist of two papers.
- Exam Mode: Examination will be conducted in offline mode. Candidates have to mark their responses on the Optical Mark Reader (OMR) Sheet.
- Number of Questions: Total 150 questions will be asked in NET which are divided into 2 papers. Paper-I will have 50 questions and Paper-II will have 100 questions. All questions are compulsory to attempt.
- Type of Questions: All the papers will have objective type questions.
- Subjects: The Paper-I consists of General Aptitude Questions and the Paper-II contains questions related to the subject selected by candidates.
- Medium of Paper: Candidate can choose the paper medium either Hindi or English. Choice for paper medium can be exercised at the time of filling the form.
- Exam Duration: Paper-1 will be of 1 hour while Paper-II will be of 2 hours.
- Marking Scheme: Each correct answer will carry 2 marks.
- Negative Marking: CBSE is not following negative marking scheme in UGC NET.
|Paper||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Exam Duration|
|I||50 questions (all compulsory)||100||1 hour (09:30 A.M. to 10:30 A.M.)|
|II||100 questions (all compulsory)||200||2 hours (11:00 A.M. to 1:00 P.M.)|
UCG NET 2018 – Preparation Tips
UGC NET 2018 is one of the competitive examinations that enables post graduate students to qualify for University level teaching jobs and also to seek admissions in PhD level programmes. To achieve good scores in CBSE NET, applicants can follow these preparation tips:
- First of all, gather the complete syllabus as prescribed by CBSE.
- Applicants can take the reference of previous years question papers to know the exam pattern and important topics.
- Purchase some good books that covers the whole syllabus.
- Prepare the short notes and highlight the important topics.
- Keep yourself updated with current affairs. Applicant should have complete knowledge about their concerned UGC NET Subject.
- Time management is also important. Manage your time effectively for studies and for daily revision.
- Last but not the least, be confident and positive.
UGC NET 2018 – Admit Card
- Admit card for July session will be published on the official website of the exam conducting authority in the last week of June 2018.
- An acceptable/suitable Photo ID (Identity) Card is any one of Institute/ College Identity Card, Passport, Aadhaar Card, Pan Card, Driving license, Voters Id Card, etc.
- All candidates need to bring their admit card on the examination centre along with a Photo-Identity Card.
UGC NET 2018 – Result
- Result for January session will be announced/ declared in the month of December, 2018 and will be published via online mode on the official website of the exam conducting authority i.e. CBSE NET.
- All candidates need to enter their roll number and DOB (date of birth) to check their result.
UGC NET 2018 – Answer Key
- Exam conducting authority (CBSE NET) will issue the UGC NET answer key 2018, after the examination get conducted.
- Answer key for January session is expected to be published in the 2nd week of September, 2018.
- Candidates will also have the opportunity to challenge the Answer key/ OMR Sheet.
- For challenging the Answer key/OMR Sheet, candidate have to pay Rs. 1000/- per question.
- If the challenge is accepted, then the fee will be refunded.
- Result will be prepared on the basis of final answer key.
CBSE UGC NET 2018 – Cut Off
- To be considered for the reward of JRF and eligibility for Asst. Professor. The minimum marks that candidates need to secure/score in paper-I, paper-II and paper-III is given below:
|Category||Minimum Marks (%) to be obtained|
|General||40 marks (40%)||80 marks (40%)|
|OBC-NCL/PwD/SC/ST||35 marks (35%)||70 marks (35%)|
CBSE UGC NET – Merit List
- Category-wise and Subject-wise merit list will be made for those candidates who will meet the cut-off marks/scores.
- A separate merit list will be prepared for JRF from amongst 15% UGC NET exam qualifiers.
- Merit list will be made using the aggregate marks/scores of candidates in all the 3 papers.
- Top 15% candidates will be declared qualified for eligibility for Asst. Professor only.
CBSE UGC NET 2018 – Syllabus
- The syllabus of NET (National Eligibility Test) is different for all different subjects.
- Candidates must prepare for the examination as per the syllabus prescribed/recommended by the CBSE.
- It is difficult to provide all syllabus for all subjects here.
- The subjects included in NET are more than 94.
CBSE UGC NET 2018 – Important Points
- UGC NET 2018 is an eligibility test for the post of asst. professor in Indian Universities/colleges. It is also the qualifying exam for the award/ honor of Junior Research Fellowship.
- Aspirants can apply for CBSE UGC NET exam twice in a year as in January and July, month. Applications form for UGC NET January, session will be available from the 1st week of October, 2018 (Tentative) whereas application form for July session, will be available from 2nd week of April, 2018 (Tentative).
- A relaxation of 5 years will be provided to the aspirants who have research experience in the relevant subject of their PG degree. LLM degree holders will get 3 years relaxation.
- Form Corrections will be available in some particulars after the submission of application. Corrections window will be open in 4th week of November, 2018 tentatively.
- Aspirants are also needed to bring any one Identity proof along with the admit card in the examination hall.
- No provision for Negative Marking CBSE UGC NET 2018.
- No age limit prescribed for the eligibility of assistant professor whereas maximum age limit is 28 years as on before 1st week of January, 2018 (Tentative) for Junior Research Fellowship.
If any applicant having query regarding CBSE UGC NET 2018, then you may leave your query below in the comment box.