CBSE UGC NET 2017: Application form, Exam Dates, Eligibility, Pattern: NET (National Eligibility Test) is organized by CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) on behalf of UGC (University Grants Commission) as an offline exam of UGC NET. It is organized twice in a year i.e. in the month of January and July to determine/ decide the eligibility of Indian applicants for Assistant Professor and for Junior Research Fellowship or for both. Junior Research Fellowship applicants will be eligible to pursue research in their Post Graduate subject. They will pursue the research from IITs or from other national organizations and are also eligible for the post of Asst. professor in Indian Universities/colleges/institutions. In this article applicants can check all details related to CBSE UGC NET 2017 including application form, eligibility, exam dates, pattern, etc. below.
CBSE UGC NET 2017 Notification
Application form for UGC NET 2017 will be available from 3rd week of April, 2017.
CBSE UGC NET 2017 Exam Dates
|Online application form starts from||Third week of April, 2017|
|Last date for submission of application form||Third week of May, 2017|
|Last date for fee submission||Third week of May, 2017|
|Application form Corrections||Fourth week of May, 2017 to First week of June, 2017|
|Admit Card Available from||Fourth week of June, 2017|
|Examination Date||Second week of July, 2017|
- Upper age Limit for Junior Research Fellowship is 28 years as on or before 1st of July, 2017.
- For SC, OBC-NCL, ST and PwD category applicants, 5 years relaxation in the upper age limit will be given.
- Applicants holding Master degree will be eligible to get 3 years relaxation in his/her age.
- Applicants those who having research experience will also get the Relaxation.
- There is no prescribed upper age limit for Assistant Professor to get eligible.
- Students holding Master’s degree or alike by securing minimum 55% of marks (without rounding off) from any recognized university are eligible for the exam. (50% of marks is for SC/ST/OBC/PWD category students).
- Students those who are appearing in the final year are also eligible to apply for the exam (they have to qualify the exam before awarding/ giving/ granting the post). These students must have qualified their Master’s degree within 2 years from the date of NET results.
- Those students will get the 5% of relaxation in aggregate marks/score whose master’s degree was concluded/ completed by 19th of September, 1991.
- All students are advised to appear in the subject of their Master’s only. Students whose post-graduate subjects are not listed in the prescribed list can appear in the related/ associated subjects.
UGC NET 2017 Application Fee
- Applicants can make their Application fee via credit/ debit card or through e-challan.
- Applicants those who pay their fee via e-challan will be paid in cash to following bank ICICI Bank/ Canara Bank/Syndicate Bank /HDFC bank.
|For General category applicants||Rs. 600/-|
|For OBC-NCL category applicants||Rs. 300/-|
|For SC/ST/PwD category applicant||Rs. 150/-|
UGC NET Exam Pattern
- Exam Mode: Examination will be conducted via Offline mode (i.e. using pen and paper).
- OMR Sheet: Applicants have to mark their answer on the OMR (Optical Mark Reader) Sheet.
- Papers: Examination will be comprises of total 3 papers.
- Type of Questions: Question paper contain MCQ’s (Multiple Choice Questions).
- Number of Paper: Exam paper contain total 185 questions which will be further divided into 3 papers.
- Number of Questions: Paper-i will contain total 60 questions, (applicants need to attempt only 50 questions), Paper-ii will contain total 50 questions and Paper-iii will contain total 75 questions.
- Medium of Paper: Choice for exam paper medium can be applied on the time of filling the application form. Applicant can choose their paper medium as exam paper printed in Hindi or English.
- Subjects: Paper-i mainly comprises from General Aptitude Questions. Paper-ii and Paper-iii contains questions related to the concerned subject.
- Exam Duration: Paper-i and Paper-ii contain time duration of 1¼ hours whereas Paper-iii will contain time duration of 2½ hours.
- Marking Scheme:On each and every correct answer applicants will be rewarded with 2 marks.
- Negative Marking: there is no provision for negative marking.
|Paper||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Exam Time||Exam Duration|
|i.||60 questions (applicants need to attempt only 50 questions)||100 Marks||09:30 A.M. – 10:45 A.M.||11/4 hours|
|ii.||50 compulsory questions||100 Marks||09:30 A.M. – 10:45 A.M.||11/4 hours|
|iii.||75 compulsory questions||150 Marks||02:00 P.M. – 04:30 P.M.||21/2 hours|
UGC NET 2017 Admit Card
- Admit card for July session will be published on the official website of the exam conducting authority in the last week of June 2017.
- An acceptable/suitable Photo ID (Identity) Card is any one of Institute/ College Identity Card, Passport, Aadhaar Card, Pan Card, Driving license, Voters Id Card, etc.
- All applicants need to bring their admit card on the examination centre along with a Photo-Identity Card.
UGC NET 2017 Result
- Result for January session will be announced/ declared in the month of December, 2017 and will be published via online mode on the official website of the exam conducting authority i.e. CBSE NET.
- All applicants need to enter their roll number and DOB (date of birth) to check their result.
UGC NET 2017 Answer Key
- Exam conducting authority (CBSE NET) will issue the UGC NET answer key 2017, after the examination get conducted.
- Answer key for January session is expected to be published in the 2nd week of September, 2017.
- Applicants will also have the opportunity to challenge the Answer key/ OMR Sheet.
- For challenging the Answer key/OMR Sheet, applicant have to pay Rs. 1000/- per question.
- If the challenge is accepted, then the fee will be refunded.
- Result will be prepared on the basis of final answer key.
CBSE UGC NET 2017 Cut Off
- To be considered for the reward of JRF and eligibility for Asst. Professor. The minimum marks that applicants need to secure/score in paper-I, paper-II and paper-III is given below:
|Category||Minimum Marks (%) to be obtained|
|General||40 marks (40%)||40 marks (40%)||75 marks (50%)|
|OBC-NCL/PwD/SC/ST||35 marks (35%)||35 marks (35%)||60 marks (40%)|
- Category-wise and Subject-wise merit list will be made for those applicants who will meet the cut-off marks/scores.
- A separate merit list will be prepared for JRF from amongst 15% UGC NET exam qualifiers.
- Merit list will be made using the aggregate marks/scores of applicants in all the 3 papers.
- Top 15% applicants will be declared qualified for eligibility for Asst. Professor only.
CBSE UGC NET 2017 Syllabus
- The syllabus of NET (National Eligibility Test) is different for all different subjects.
- Applicants must prepare for the examination as per the syllabus prescribed/recommended by the CBSE.
- It is difficult to provide all syllabus for all subjects here.
- The subjects included in NET are more than 94.
CBSE UGC NET 2017 Important Points
- UGC NET 2018 is an eligibility test for the post of asst. professor in Indian Universities/colleges. It is also the qualifying exam for the award/ honor of Junior Research Fellowship.
- Students can apply for CBSE UGC NET exam twice in a year as in January and July, month. Applications form for UGC NET January, session will be available from the 1st week of October, 2018 (Tentative) whereas application form for July session, will be available from 2nd week of April, 2018 (Tentative).
- A relaxation of 5 years will be provided to the students who have research experience in the relevant subject of their PG degree. LLM degree holders will get 3 years relaxation.
- Form Corrections will be available in some particulars after the submission of application. Corrections window will be open in 4th week of November, 2018 tentatively.
- Students are also needed to bring any one Identity proof along with the admit card in the examination hall.
- No provision for Negative Marking CBSE UGC NET 2018.
- No age limit prescribed for the eligibility of assistant professor whereas maximum age limit is 28 years as on before 1st week of January, 2018 (Tentative) for Junior Research Fellowship.
- Then students need to pay their application fee. Students can make the fee payment either via credit/debit card or by using e-challan.
- Student must be master’s degree holder from any well-known institution to get eligible for UGC NET exam.
- Students those who completed post-graduation in public administration can appear net exam for the political science subject.
If any applicant having query regarding CBSE UGC NET 2017, then you may leave your query below in the comment box.