CA CPT 2019 (June) Registration, Dates, CA CPT 2019 Eligibility, Fees, Exam Pattern, Admit Card, Result, Syllabus, Cutoff, Exam Centers, Pattern, How to Apply
CA CPT 2019 is the entrance level examination for the Chartered Accountancy programme. This examination is conducted by the Institute of Chartered Accountants. CPT is the Common Proficiency Test; even a normal 10th pass candidate can be registered for the same. After completing the schooling (standard 12th) candidates are eligible to apply for this test. CA CPT includes the objective type of questions which is divided into 4 sections as such- Quantitative aptitude, Accounting, Mercantile Laws and General Economics. This article will provide you the complete description about CA CPT 2019 Exam.
Important Date (CA CPT 2019 June)
Candidates can check exam schedule for CA CPT 2019 below in the table:
|Deadline date of Registration of CPT||Till April 2019|
|Online filling Application form||Till April 2019|
|Deadline of online submission application form||Till April 2019|
|Deadline for revalidation of registration for June||Till April 2019|
|Last date for receipt of print out of online examination form duly filled up(PDF)||Till April 2019|
|Examination date||June 2019|
|Declaration of the result||After one month of the exam|
Candidates have to fulfill following eligibility conditions in order to appear in CA CPT Entrance exam 2019:
- candidates need to pass class 10th & 12th examination or its equivalent from a recognized board.
- candidates should hold registration with ICAI before the end date of examination.
- If you are a Bachelor’s degree holder with Commerce stream and obtained minimum 55% marks then you don’t need to appear in CA CPT.
- If you have completed Bachelor’s degree with any other stream then you need to score minimum 60% marks in aggregate.
- In case you have obtained the degree from an Open University then also you are exempted from appearing in the entry level test.
CA CPT 2019 Registration
Every year CPT examination will be conducted in the month of JUNE/DECEMBER. Candidates who have already registered themselves on or before April 2019 will be eligible to appear in June CPT examination and for those candidates who will register on or before October 2019 will be eligible to appear in December CPT examination. Candidates can download the question paper and the answer key of last yr examination just to get a flash and view point of what type of questions which usually come in the CPT
In case if the last date of registration (CPT) happens to be off Sunday, Festival date or any of the same for that reason the date will be shifted to the next working day which is considered to be of the deadline date of registration.
- If you have opted exam centre in India- Rs.1000/-
- If you have opted exam centre in Kathmandu (Nepal): Rs.1700/-
- If you have opted exam centre in Doha, Abu Dhabi, Dubai and Muscat: $ 300
CPT Online Registration Procedure
- Candidates need to go to the ICAI website of CPT for online registration.
- The step is to fill in the following details which include -Full name of the candidate, DOB, sex, mother’s and father’s name, address, category (general or reserved), nationality, the medium of study, educational qualification, recent passport size photo etc
- For online registration, the candidates have to remit the amount through ICICI bank.
- Last and the foremost step is to take the hard copy of the registration form along with the attached documents then send it to the ICAI.
ICAI Office Address:
- The Deputy Secretary (Exams)
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI),
- ICAI Bhawan, Indraprastha Marg, New Delhi.
CA CPT (JUNE) 2019: How to Apply
Following instructions need to be followed for the registration of CA CPT (June) 2019 exam:
- candidates have to apply online for registration on the CPT section of www.icmai.in.
- candidates have to fill all the personal as well as academic details on the online application fee.
- candidates have to upload latest passport size photograph and his signature.
- candidates who register online have to take out the hard copy of his/her registration and
- candidates have to send the Printed Copy of Registration Form along with the photocopies of the required documents to the ICAI.
- candidates have to remit the application fee for online registration through ICICI Bank.
- Application fee has to be paid in the form of Demanding Draft (DD) drawn in favour of Secretary of Online Mode.
Required Documents along with Registration Form
- Demand Draft along with the registration fees
- 10th pass mark sheet along with the attested copy of DOB
- Nationality proof whether he is the citizen of India or a foreigner
- Proof of the category (General or ST/SC)
CA CPT Exam Pattern
- CA CPT will be conducted two shifts i.e. the first 1stwould be from 10:30 am to 12:30 pm and the 2nd shift will be from 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm.
- Only Objective type questions will be asked which carries of 200 marks.
- There will be negative marking of ¼ of marks allotted to a question.
Exam pattern will be given below:
|Mode of examination||Offline mode (Pencil Paper Mode)|
|Test Medium||English OR Hindi|
|First session of CA CPT||Sec A – Fundamentals of Accounting||40||10:30 am – 12:30 pm (two hours)|
|Sec B – Mercantile Laws||60|
|Second session of CA CPT||Sec C – General Economics||50||2:00 pm – 4:00 pm (two hours)|
|Sec D – Quantitative Aptitude||50|
|Total||4 sections||200||4 hours|
CA CPT 2019 Admit Card
- CA CPT 2019 Admit Card will be issued to the registered candidate only via online mode.
- Admit Card will be provided to the candidates prior three weeks from the examination.
- candidates can obtain their CA CPT 2019 Admit Card by login through their registered id and password.
- CA CPT 2019 Admit Card consists of candidature details such as name of the candidate, roll number, photograph, signature, exam venue etc.
- candidates need to carry printed copy of CA CPT 2019 Admit card at the examination venue.
- In case of any candidate finds any discrepancy regarding admit card then he/she can contact ICAI Helpline desk immediately.
List of Exam Centers:
|Delhi / New Delhi||Tuticorin||Meerut|
CA CPT 2019 Syllabus
Candidates can check CA CPT Syllabus 2019 below in the table:
|Sections of CA CPT||Syllabus|
|Fundamentals of Accounting|
Candidates have to cross the sectional as well as overall cutoff in order to get qualified in CA CPT Entrance exam. The overall cutoff is 50% marks of 200 i.e. you have to obtain at least 100 marks out of 200 in order to get qualified. Please go through the details associated with sectional cutoff of CA CPT.
|Fundamentals of Accounting||30% of 60 marks|
|Mercantile Laws||30% of 40 marks|
|General Economies||30% of 50 marks|
|Quantitative Aptitude||30% of 50 marks|
CA CPT 2019 Result
- CA CPT 2019 Result will get disclosed in the month of July, 2019 via online mode.
- Candidates who appeared for CA CPT 2019 June examination can check their result by login through their registered account.
- ICAI will disclose the result on to the official site and candidates will be intimated about their qualifying status through registered email id and phone number.
- Candidates can download their score card, rank card, and certificate through ICAI registered account.
CA CPT 2019 Application Important points:
- Class 10th candidates can also register for CA Foundation course.
- CA CPT 2019 now changed called CA Foundation Course.
- It is first step towards the CA Courses.
- CA CPT Syllabus had been changed.
- Every year CPT examination will be conducted in the month of JUNE/DECEMBER.
- Candidates who have already registered themselves on or before April 2019 will be eligible to appear in June CPT examination.
- Those candidates who will register on or before October 2019 will be eligible to appear in December CPT examination.
If any applicant having query regarding CA CPT 2019, then you may ask us by leaving your query below in the comment box.