Bihar Polytechnic 2018 (DCECE): Application form, exam dates, eligibility
Bihar Polytechnic 2018 also known as DCECE (Diploma Certificate Entrance Competitive Examination) is a state level examination which is conducted by BCECEB (Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board). Official Notification for Bihar Polytechnic 2018 has been released. This exam is organized for providing admission in various polytechnic courses offered by different polytechnic colleges/institutions of Bihar state. Here in this article we are providing information regarding Bihar Polytechnic 2018: Application form, exam dates, eligibility etc.
Bihar Polytechnic 2018 Exam Dates
Candidates will check all official exam schedule for Bihar Polytechnic 2018 from the table below:
|Application form available from||2nd week of March 2018|
|Last date for form submission||2nd week of April 2018|
|Last date for fee payment through Challan (offline mode)||3rd week of April 2018|
|Last date for online fee payment (online mode)||3rd week of April 2018|
|Correction window open for Application form||3rd week of April 2018|
|Last date to receive form||2nd week of May 2018|
|Admit card available on||2nd week of May 2018|
|Examination date||2nd week of June 2018 (PM & PMD) and 2nd week of June 2018 (PE & PPE)|
|Result announcement||Last week of June, 2018|
Bihar Polytechnic (DCECE) Application Form
- Candidates can fill their application form and submit the same through both online mode (get application form official website/portal) as well as offline mode (get application form from designated counter).
- Application formwill be available from 2nd week of March, 2018 and continue till 2nd week of May, 2018.
- Authority of the examination will also offer the form correctionfacility to the candidates.
- After all eligible candidates fill their application form, then they all are required to send their application form along with the required documents on the below given:
Controller of Examination, B.C.E.C.E. Board,
I.A.S. Association Building, Near Patna Airport,
P.O.- B.V. College, Patna – 800014, Bihar
Candidates those who are appearing for this exam are required to pay the application fee through online mode (debit/credit card & net banking) or by offline mode (challan) as per their suitability. Any other mode will not be considered/entertained to pay the application fee. The application fee is different for each group the same is mention below:
- For 1 group: 750/- (for non-reserved candidate) Rs.480/- (for SC/ST)
- For 2 group: 850/- (for non-reserved candidate) Rs.530/- (for SC/ST)
- For 3 group: 950/- (for non-reserved candidate) Rs.630/- (for SC/ST)
- For 4 group: 1150/- (for non-reserved candidate) Rs.730/- (for SC/ST)
Polytechnic Engineering (PE)/Para Medical Dental (PMD)/ Part Time 4 Years Polytechnic Engineering (PPE) / Para Medical – Intermediate Level (PM).
Here we provide all the eligibility norms/criteria for the entrance exam:
- Candidates must be an Indian citizen.
- Candidates would belong to Bihar state.
- Candidates those whose parents are permanent residence of Bihar state are also eligible to apply for this exam.
Eligibility for PE courses:
- Candidates must complete or appearing 10thor alike exam by securing minimum 35% of marks.
- There is no age limit for this exam.
Eligibility for PPE courses:
- Candidates must complete or appearing 10thor alike exam by securing minimum 50% of marks in Science and Mathematics separately.
- Candidates having age of 19 years as on or before 1stJuly of the year of admission are eligible to apply for this exam.
Eligibility for PMD courses:
- Candidates must complete or appearing 10thor alike exam with subjects like PCB & E (physics, chemistry, biology and English).
- Candidates having age between 15 years and 30 years as on or before 31st of December 2018 are eligible to apply for this exam.
DCECE Exam Pattern
The Bihar Polytechnic exam will be conducted in offline mode (pen and paper based mode). The details exam pattern can be checked below:
- Question Type:MCQ’s (Multiple Choice Question).
- Examination Mode:Offline mode (i.e. using Paper & Pen based test).
- of Questions:total 90 MCQ’s will be asked in the exam paper.
- Total Marks: exam paper contain a weightage of 450 total marks.
The exam pattern is different for all courses as mentioned below:
Exam pattern for PE or PPE courses:
|Subject||No. of Questions||Total Marks|
Exam pattern for PM courses:
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Total Marks|
Exam pattern for PMD courses:
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Total Marks|
The seat reservation for different categories is listed below:
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||1%|
|Reserved Category Girls (RCG)||3%|
|Backward Class (BC)||12%|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||16%|
|Extremely Backward Class (EBC)||18%|
Bihar Polytechnic Syllabus
Syllabus for Bihar Polytechnic 2018 will be different for all courses. The syllabus will comprises of various subjects like mathematics, physics, chemistry, general science, English, numerical ability, Hindi, and general knowledge. Syllabus of PE courses will comprises of various subjects like chemistry, physics, and mathematics subjects.
Bihar Polytechnic 2018 Admit Card
Admit Card for Bihar Polytechnic 2018 will be released from 2nd week of May 2018. Candidates can download their admit card through the official website/portal of BCECE. Admit card will contain various exam related details such as exam date, exam venue, & timing, roll number, candidates’ name, DOB, etc.
Bihar Polytechnic 2018 Result
Result for Bihar Polytechnic 2018 will be published by Board/Authority on the official website/portal of BCECE in the last week of June, 2018. Candidates are required to keep their result safe until the counselling/admission gets over. A merit list will be made on the basis of marks/rank obtained/secured in the entrance examination.
If any candidate having query related to Bihar Polytechnic 2018, then feel free to leave your comments below.