BHU PET 2019 Registration, Application Form, BHU PET 2019 Eligibility, Dates, Pattern
BHU PET 2019: Banaras Hindu University organizes the Postgraduate Entrance Test 2019 (PET 2019) to serve admission to the suitable Candidates for several postgraduate programmes. Candidates who wish to pursue the PG degree in Arts (subjects of humanities), commerce or Science, like MA, M.Sc. MBA M.Com. LLM, etc., an individual can apply for admission via the online application form. In the given article, we provide complete information about the Examination pattern, application form, eligibility criteria, and important information about an entrance Examination as well as admission schedule.
BHU PET 2019 Important Dates
All candidates can check Exam Schedule for BHU PET 2019 below:
|Name of the Activity||Date Assigned|
|Start date for Online Application||January 2019|
|Last date for Online Application||March 2019|
|Start date for Admit Card downloading||April 2019|
|The last date for rectification of discrepancies in the admit card||April 2019|
|BHU PET Examinationination||May 2019|
|Release of BHU PET Draft Answer Keys||May 2019|
|Announcement of result||May 2019|
NOTE: It is noteworthy that whole information which the above tabled dates and schedule about PET 2019 is tentative in nature. It can be said that the respective university may change dates if it thinks appropriate, while, Candidates will get a notification regards the changes on its official web site.
Schedule for BHU PET 2019 Entrance Exam
The BHU PET 2019 for various Post Graduate Courses will be held as per the schedule given below.
|Shift 1 (8:00 am to 10:00 am)||Shift 2 (12:00 Noon to 2:00 pm)||Shift 3 (4:00 pm to 6:00 pm)||PET 2019 Exam Date|
|Common Exam||Common Exam||May 2019|
BHU PET Eligibility Criteria 2019
Candidates should need to be assured about his/her eligibility in advance before applying for BHU PET 2019. An Candidate requires to be convinced whether he/she has eligibility to apply for the entrance exam or not. The subsequent points define all the norms of eligibilities for a candidate to apply for PET:
- Candidates should have qualified the graduation level Examination from any recognized/applicable university in any field.
- BHU has not defined any minimum or maximum age criteria for the Candidates.
- The Candidates can apply only for that postgraduate course which they have studied at graduation level.
Courses Offered via BHU PET 2019
Courses that are offered by BHU PET 2019 are further divided into 4 major categories i.e. General Courses, Professional courses, Special Courses and Vocational Courses. Sub categories in the above-mentioned categories are as follows:
- General Courses: Faculty of Sanskrit Vidya Dharma Vijana, Faculty of Arts, Faculty of Social Sciences, Faculty of Commerce, Institute of science.
- Professional courses: Institute of Medical Sciences, Institute of Agricultural Sciences, Faculty of Visual Arts, Faculty of Performing Arts, Faculty of Education, Faculty of Arts, Faculty of Law, Institute of Science, Mahila Vidyalaya.
- Special Courses: Faculty of Arts, Faculty of Commerce, Faculty of Social Science, Institute of Science, Faculty of Law, Institute of Management Studies, Institute of Agricultural Sciences, Institute of Environment and Sustainable Development.
- Vocational Courses:Faculty of Arts
All the courses offered under above mentioned subcategory are for 2 years (4 semester) with an exception of M.Sc in Geophysics (under general courses) & MCA (under professional courses) which are of 3 years (6 semesters) and LL.M (under special courses) which is for 1 year (2 semesters).
Courses offered in these subcategories along with their codes will be described in detail on the official entrance exam website of BHU i.e. bhuonline.in.
BHU PET Application Form 2019
Subsequently, Candidates have to apply for PET by the application form. Here, the whole process is presented in the following points how Candidates can apply for the gateway test:
- The BHU PET Application form 2019 will be available on the website of the university.
- Candidates have to provide all the important information in the application form, for instance, their name, address, and date of birth etc.
- Above and beyond, Candidates shall need to put the information of His/her academic qualification in the application form.
- Candidates will have to pay the application fee also earlier submitting the online form.
The application fee for candidates is mentioned in the below table:
|SC/ ST/ PC||Others|
|All Courses||Rs. 250/-||Rs.500/-|
Candidates those who want to apply for more than one course under PET 2019, the application fee charged from them for the subsequent paper will be given below.
|SC/ ST/ PC||Others|
Mode of Payment
Online payment for application fee may be paid via either:
- Online payment via credit card/ debit card via the payment gateway.
- Payment of Entrance Test Fee in Cash via “Challan” in any branch of HDFC Bank.
BHU PET Exam Pattern 2019
Candidates should study the BHU PET Examination pattern 2019 if they are actually serious about the preparation for the entrance Examination. Candidates should be conscious relate the number of questions, the duration of the Examination and the subjects/sort of questions. Here is the detailed about the Examination pattern:
- University will conduct two common tests for different courses thru BHU PET 2019.
- The time duration for question paper will be of 2 hours.
- The question paper will have 150 questions of 3 marks each.
- There will be the provision of negative marking of 1/3rd marks for every wrong answer.
- In the Examination, questions will be from language comprehension, current affairs, general awareness and mental ability.
BHU PET Admit Card 2019
After applying, filling and submitting the online application form, the university will distribute the admit card to all the Candidates. Candidates will get the admit card 2 – 3 weeks before the beginning of the Examination.
- University will issue the admit card thru the official website.
- Admit card shall have the information such as the name of the Candidate, date of birth and address.
- Except all, admit card shall also have information like name, timing, and duration and centre of BHU PET Exam.
- It is important for all the Candidates to take the admit card with them while going to appear for the entrance Examination.
List of BHU PET 2019 Test Centres
|2.||Mirzapur*- Rajiv Gandhi South Campus – Barkachha|
BHU PET Result 2019
University will start the PET Examination in the month of May 2019. After the beginning of the Examination, Candidates will get the result of the Examination in the same month. Below are few more information:
- Candidates can get admission in the university on the basis of the score they get
- After the announcement of the result, Candidates will be called for counseling.
- Later, all the successful Candidates can take admission in the respective university to pursue their desired masters’ course.
Steps to check BHU PET Result:
- Step 1: Visit the official website of BHU.
- Step 2: Click PET Theory Result link present on the Home page of the website.
- Step 3: Click Result link of the concerned subject.
- Step 4: Enter roll number and click Search.
BHU PET 2019 Answer Key
Banaras Hindu University releases BHU PET provisional answer keys for different courses on its official website as per the prescribed date once the exam is conducted. BHU provisional answer keys contain the question numbers as well as the correct answers for it.
Candidates can access BHU PET answer key by following the below-mentioned steps:
- Step 1: Click View Provisional Answer Key link present on the Home page of the varsity’s website.
- Step 2: Click Answer Key link of the concerned course/ subject.
Thereafter, BHU PET answer key will appear on the screen.
BHU PET Cutoff 2019
The cutoff will be determined for BHU PET 2019 after the announcement of exam result. The cutoff for BHU PET 2019 will be announced for each programme on the basis of minimum marks criteria as well closing rank of qualified candidates. Admission to any of the postgraduate programme will be on the basis of BHU PET 2019 cutoff. Programme will be offered to candidates on the basis of BHU PET 2019 cutoff.
BHU PET 2019 Counselling
BHU PET 2019 Counselling will be done after the qualifying percentage has been fixed and the merit list has been published on the official Banaras Hindu University website. The counselling will be done online.
Prospective candidates will have to fill an online preference entry form available on the official website www.bhuonline.in. Candidate has to mention the following in the Preference Entry Form:
- Choice of Course: This preference option is available only if admission to more than one course is done based on merit index/rank obtained in a Common Test (some of the PG programs).
- Preference of location (Faculty/Department on the Main Campus or RGSC or Affiliated Colleges): This preference option is available only if a course runs at more than one location.
- Seat Type: Whether the candidate wants seats with regular fee only or he/she is willing to take admission in Paid Seat if the regular fee seats are full. This preference option is not available for Special Courses of Study and certain other regular/professional programs (such as MCA on the main campus).
Candidates must note that they will be given provisional admission to BHU only after the payment of the fees are made and the fee receipt is shown as proof.
Documents required for BHU PET 2019 counselling:
- Transfer Certificate.
- Migration Certificate, if passed from a university other than BHU (To be submitted not later than 90 days of admission).
- High School Certificate/equivalent Certificate.
- Intermediate (+2) Certificate/equivalent Certificate.
- Mark sheets of High School/equivalent & Intermediate (+2)/equivalent.
- Mark sheet of the Qualifying Examination.
- PET Admit Card issued from the office of the Controller of Examinations, BHU.
- SC/ST/OBC Certificate on the basis of which reserved quota seat is claimed.
- Certificate(s) in support of claim for ‘Sports Seats’.
- Certificate of being the son/daughter of a permanent in-service employee/Retired/Reemployed/ Deceased employee of BHU in the prescribed format issued by the Central Registry.
BHU PET 2019 Contact Information
If any Candidate having query regarding BHU PET 2019, then you may ask us by leaving your query below in the comment box.