AIIMS MBBS 2018: Application Form, Dates, AIIMS MBBS 2018 Eligibility, Exam Pattern, Admit Card, Result, Syllabus, Exam Centers, Cutoff, Counselling
AIIMS MBBS 2018: AIIMS 2018 Exam Dates have been released now. AIIMS (All India Institute of Medical Sciences MBBS Entrance Exam) is all India level Undergraduate medical entrance exam. All India Institute of Medical Sciences organizes entrance examination for admission to MBBS course. Applications will be most possibly available from March 2018. The candidates will get admission on the basis of their performance and marks that he/she grab in the entrance examination and available MBBS seats are allotted according to their performance in 7 AIIMS institutions across the country. The examination will be held in 1st week of June 2018 at 154 Centers across India.
AIIMS 2018 Notification – Exam Dates Released
AIIMS 2018 Application Form will be released in the month of February 2018. Check here for application details.
AIIMS 2018 Exam Dates have been released now. Check Official Exam Dates Below.
Here, students can check the official exam dates schedule for AIIMS entrance examination:
|Online registration starts||February 2018|
|Last date for online registration||March 2018|
|Status of Registration including rejection /deficiencies in application||March 2018|
|Last date for complying with deficiencies in application as indicated||April 2018|
|Admit card release||May 2018|
|Exam date||27th May 2018|
|Result announcement||12th June 2018|
|First round counselling||3rd, 04th, 05th, 06th July 2018|
|Second round counselling||2nd August 2018|
|Third round counselling||4th September 2018|
|Open counselling (If Required)||27th September 2018|
It is advisable to apply on a computer rather than mobile phone. Use latest version of browser to complete registration process. Link to apply online will be available on this page.
Apply here: As soon as AIIMS 2018 application form is available you can apply at aiimsexams.org.
|Latest news on AIIMS 2018 Application Form|
While waiting for the form, check out its key details like application fee, how to apply, what to fill and other such things.
AIIMS MBBS Eligibility Criteria 2018
Eligibility criteria for AIIMS MBBS 2018 entrance exam is as described below.
Age limit – Candidate should have attained or will be 17 years old as on December 31 of the year of admission. Those who are born on or after January 2, 2002 will be ineligible.
Educational qualification – Candidate should have passed class 12 exam under a recognized scheme of examination. Candidate should have studied English, Physics, Chemistry, Biologyas subject. In English, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, aggregate percentage should be at least 60% for general and OBC candidates, and 50% for SC / ST / OPH candidates.
Special note for students who have passed exam of an Indian / foreign university that has to be considered equivalent to class 12 under 10+2 scheme / intermediate science examination: Such candidates must produce a certificate from concerned university / Association of Indian universities to the effect that that examination is equivalent to class 12 / intermediate exam of 10+2 scheme / intermediate.
AIIMS MBBS Application Form 2018
In order to appear for AIIMS MBBS 2018 entrance exam, candidates have to first apply. It is advisable to read prospectus and help manual before applying. Know important details of application form of AIIMS MBBS 2018 here.
- AIIMS MBBS Application Form 2018 will be available online at aiimsexams.org.
- Registration of applications on AIIMS website was available from January 24 to February 23 last year. Therefore date of availability of application form for AIIMS MBBS 2018 entrance exam is expected in third week of January 2018.
- Candidates must fill all fields in the form.
- Changes that can be done during registration process include Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Gender, Nationality, Marital Status.
- Editing details such as name, DOB, category, exam centre may not be possible later.
The candidates have to fill their form by using online mode from the official website of AIIMS 2018 i.e. www.aiimsexams.org
Application Fees for AIIMS MBBS 2018
All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) MBBS 2018 application fees structure for different category is listed below
|For General/OBC Category||Rs. 1000/-|
|For SC/ST candidates||Rs. 800/-|
|For OPH Candidates will laced from fees||–|
Mode of Payment : Candidates have to pay their fees by credit / debit card or net banking or by Bank challan.
AIIMS 2018 Application Form: Correction in form
You should fill these details very carefully as you cannot change them later:
- Date of birth
- Examination centre
Details that you can edit during registration, before submitting form
- Father’s name
- Mother’s name
- Marital status
You cannot change any details after the last date for submission of AIIMS 2018 application form.
AIIMS 2018 Exam Pattern / Paper Pattern
Check Exam Pattern for AIIMS MBBS 2018 below:
- Exam Mode: The exam will be conducted through CBT (Computer Basted Test).
- Duration: The exam duration will be 3 ½ hours.
- Exam Shifts: First Shift (9:00 AM to 12:30 PM) and Second Shift (3:00 PM to 6:30 PM).
- Type of Question: Questions will be Objective Type (Multiple Choice and Reason-Assertion type).
- No. of Question: Total 200 questions will be asked in the examination.
- Language: Question paper will be provided either in English or in Hindi language.
- Marking Scheme: One mark will be given for each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: 1/3 mark will be deducted for incorrect answer.
|Subject||No. of Question|
|Biology (Botany & Zoology)||60|
Scoring of AIIMS MBBS 2018
Scoring is not easy in AIIMS as there is a negative marks scheme in the exam. For each right answer One mark will be awarded to the candidate and in term of wrong answer 1/3rd marks will be deducted for the same. Question that will find to be marked with more than one answer should be treated as a wrong answer.
Distribution of seats
Total available seats are 672 seats that will be allotted in SEVEN participating AIIMS across the country. Out of 672 seats, 72 seats will be allotted to AIIMS Delhi and the rest 600 seats will be distributed to remaining 6 institutes of AIIMS. Distributions of the seats will be made as follows:
|AIIMS & location||SC||ST||OBC||UR||Total|
|Total No. of seats||101||53||181||337||672|
The syllabus will be of 12th class standard under the 10+2 Scheme/Intermediate Science. The AIIMS syllabus will comprise of subjects like Chemistry, Physics, Biology and General Knowledge/Aptitude. The detailed syllabus is given here:
Circular Motion, Electricity, Nuclear Physics, Electro-Magnetic Induction, Electronic Devices, Kinetic Theory of Gases, Measurement, Motion, first law of Thermodynamics, Physics of the Atom: Thermodynamics: Work and heat, Solids, Wave Motion: Optics, etc.
Section A: General & Inorganic Chemistry, Molecule and Chemical Bond, Periodic Properties of Elements, Structure of Atom, Section B: Organic Chemistry, Chemistry of Elements and Compounds, Section C: Physical Chemistry, Chemical Equilibrium, Energetic, State of Matter, etc.
Anatomy and Physiology, Developmental Biology, Diversity of Animal Life, Genetics and Evolution (Fundamentals only): (symbiosis), Histology, Reproductive System, etc.
Absorption and cell water relations, transport of water and minerals, Anatomy and Physiology of Plants, Meristems-Plant growth and development, Botany and Human Welfare, Importance, History, Factors and mechanism, Internal structure of dicot and monocot leaves photosynthesis, Internal and external regulators of growth and development in plants, Internal structure of dicot and monocot roots, Internal structure of stem and secondary growth, Tropic and turgor movements, Transpiration & respiration, Xylem and Phloem-their cell elements and functions, etc.
Current Affairs, Punch line of companies, Business, Top officials of big companies, Famous award and prizes, Major corporate events, World Records, Books and authors, Science, History, etc.
AIIMS Preparation Tips
- Gather all the details about officially prescribed syllabus for AIIMS exam preparation.
- Make a proper study plan and divide your time equally for all the subjects.
- Consider the good study materials for exam preparations and also include previous year question papers for studies.
- Mark the difficult topics in the syllabus and discuss them with your teachers, tutor and class mates.
- Maintain your health, take a healthy diet and do exercise & yoga.
Reservation of Seat
- The seat reservation will be followed by 7.5% ST, 15% SC and 27% OBC, for Indian Nationals with a 3% reservation for Orthopaedic Physically Handicapped shall be provided on horizontal basis.
The seat matrix in the seven AIIMS is as the following:
|Location of AIIMS||UR||OBC||SC||ST||OPH||Foreign*||Total|
|New Delhi||37||19||11||05||3% Horizontal||0*||72*|
AIIMS MBBS 2018 Admit Card
- Eligible applicants can download the admit card through online only.
- Admit card will be released from the first week of May 2018.
- Without admit card applicants will not be permitted to enter the examination hall.
- Applicants are suggested to keep the printout of the admit card for further need.
- The admit card will not be sent by post.
AIIMS MBBS 2018 Result
All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) MBBS 2018 Result Notification will be come out in the month of June, 2018. Candidates who have performed in the AIIMS 2018 Exam can check their result on the official website of AIIMS.
AIIMS Answer Key 2018
AIIMS MBBS Answer Key 2018 will be released soon after the examination will be over. AIIMS entrance exam is organized on all India basis for admission to best medical colleges in India. A direct link to Download the Answer Key Will be available here once released.
Cut-off marks is the minimum marks which students have to score in the entrance exam for admission. The expected cut-off is mentioned here:
|General Category||50 %|
|OBC (Non Creamy Layer)||45 %|
|OPH||Cut-offs of the respective category|
- Counselling for first round will be started from 3rd July 2018.
- Merit list will be prepared on the basis of marks scored in entrance exam.
- For all the categories, the merit list will be prepared separately.
- Applicants will be invited for counselling on the basis of rank secured in the merit list.
- At the given date & time mentioned on the call letter, the applicants are required to report at the venue with original documents for counselling process.
You are required to bring the following documents at time of counselling:
- Admit Card issued by AIIMS
- High School/Higher Secondary Certificate/Birth Certificate as a proof of date of Birth
- Rank letter issued by AIIMS
- Certificate & Mark-sheet of Secondary Class mentioning DOB/Certificate
- You should also bring the following certificates, if applicable in your case:
- Marks Sheet of Sr. Secondary Class (12th Class)
- SC/ST Certificate issued by the competent authority. Sub caste should be clearly mentioned in the certificate.
- Orthopedic Physical Disability Certificate issued by a duly constituted and authorized Medical Boards. PH certificate issued by any other Authority / Hospital will NOT be entertained.
- OBC certificate issued by the competent authority. The OBC Certificate should be valid for Central Government Institutions/Jobs. (OBC applicants belonging to the Creamy Layer shall not be eligible for reserved seats).
AIIMS MBBS 2018: Important Points
- The prospectus will ONLY be available on the AIIMS website.
- Applicant ID and Password will be sent to registered email ID and mobile number of applicants. You are advised to remember the password and also retain a printout of your registration form and admit card till completion of admission process.
- You do not have to indicate your choice at the time of online registration. You will be able to exercise your choice at the time of counseling, if called.
- The city/center of examination once chosen and allotted will not be changed and no requests in this regard will be entertained.
- No documents are required to be uploaded during the Online Registration /Application process, but you have to upload scanned images of your Photograph, left thumb impression and signature at the time of registration.
- No change/editing in registration form is allowed after registration closing date as mentioned in the prospectus.
If any candidate having query regarding AIIMS MBBS 2018, then you may ask us by leaving your query below in the comment box.