AIIMS MBBS 2018 cutoff, Merit list is based on several aspects such as number of applicants, number of seats, difficulty level of exam and marking scheme of entrance exam etc. Applicant those who belong to SC/ST category need to secure minimum of 40% of marks in the entrance exam in order to qualify the exam whereas the applicant belonging to General category need to secure a minimum 50% of marks in AIIMS MBBS 2018 and the applicant those who belong to OBC category need to score minimum 45% of marks to pass this entrance exam. The exam conducting authority (AIIMS) will declare a merit list of the entrance examination consisting name of the applicant, AIR (All India Rank) and date of birth of the applicant based on the qualifying score/marks in AIIMS MBBS 2018. Applicants those who wish to appear in the AIIMS MBBS 2018, for admissions to as many as 707 MBBS seats in SEVEN AIIMS institutes, can check all the details about AIIMS MBBS 2018 Cutoff qualify marks in 2018 and cut off score of previous years below in this post.
AIIMS MBBS 2018 Cutoff
According to the past examination, the minimum AIIMS MBBS cutoff is decided by the AIIMS, Governing Body, and New Delhi. Minimum cut-off decides the eligibility for admission through the entrance exam is as follows:
|Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer)||45%|
|Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe||40%|
|OPH||Cut-offs of the respective category|
AIIMS MBBS 2016 Cut Off
|AIIMS Institute||Last rank cut off 2016|
|AIIMS, New Delhi||37||256||1138||2825|
- Entrance examination will take place in two different shifts (i.e. morning shift and afternoon shift).
- Normalization procedure will be used to determine the eligibility of the applicant.
- The percentile score corresponding to the minimum cutoff will be used, to determine the eligibility.
- In any case the two shifts percentiles are not equal, then the lower of the two percentiles will be the eligibility cut-off for that category/ group for all candidates of both shifts.
- Normalization process will be done by experts/ authorities based on past AIIMS MBBS examinations and will be based on Percentiles.
- Marks obtained by the candidates are transformed into a scale ranging from 100 to 0 for both the shifts.
- Percentile score will specify the percentage of candidates that have scored equal to or below that particular Percentile in that examination.
- Topper of both group will get the same percentile of 100 which is desired.
- Percentile score is the normalized score for this exam.
- Score of both groups is normalized to percentiles.
- The percentile for each applicant will be derived/ drawn using the following formula. This method is used for all 5 dimensions (Biology, Chemistry, Physics, General Knowledge and Total Percentile).
For Example: Uppermost/highest/maximum marks of both group would be normalized to the percentile of 100 whereas the lowest marks/score would have a percentile depending on the total number of candidates who have taken the examination.
Biology Percentile: 100 x Number of candidates from the group with Biology
- Number of candidates in the group/shift
- To derive the overall merit list, the percentile scores for the total marks of both shifts would be arranged and merged.
AIIMS MBBS 2018
- If two or more candidates secure same marks/scores (Total Percentile) then their inter se merit is determined.
Following are the steps that are followed in order to decide the higher rank between the candidates:
- Firstly the candidates having ranked higher in Biology subject in the entrance examination will be given preference
- After the first step if there is still a tie, between the candidates then the candidate who have scored higher in Chemistry will be given the preference
- After second if there is still a tie, then next, candidates who have scored higher in Physics will be ranked higher
- At last, if there is still a tie, then the candidates who are senior in age will be ranked higher than the candidates who are junior in age.
AIIMS MBBS 2018 Counselling
- Candidates who have successfully secured the required scores, will be further called for counseling process according to category wise.
- Unreserved category candidates will be called in first followed by the reserved category.
- Seats will be allotted to the candidates after the document verification and medical exam.
- Second and third round of counselling will be held after the conclusion of the first round.
If any applicant having query regarding AIIMS MBBS 2018 cutoff, then you may leave your query below in the comment box.