AFCAT Eligibility Criteria 2018 Complete Information
AFCAT Eligibility Criteria 2018: The IAF (Indian Air Force) is a one of the best career option in India. One who dream to fly high in the sky can choose IAF (Indian Air Force) as career. There are vast opportunity of growth here in this field. Applicant should fulfill some of the eligibility criteria to become member of Air Force. The IAF (Indian Air Force) conducts AFCAT (Air Force Common Admission Test) exam twice (i.e. in February and August) in a year to select eligible and keen applicants in their squad force. There are total 3 branches in the Air Force, which are as under:
- Flying Branch
- Technical Branch
- Ground Duty Branch
Applicants can choose one of the branch as career as per their eligibility and interest. Each branch has some criteria, which needs to be fulfilled. Those who meet the requirement, can apply as per the schedule prescribed. Here, in this article, applicants can all the information regarding AFCAT eligibility criteria 2018 in particular.
AFCAT Eligibility Criteria 2018
All interested applicant must submit their application well within the specified time to avoid any complexity/ difficulty in the end. But to do so, applicants must verify their AFCAT eligibility criteria before applying online for the examination. Applicants can submit their AFCAT 2018 application form only after satisfying themselves. Check below, the branch-wise eligibility criteria in detail.
- Nationality: Applicant must be an Indian citizen.
- Age Criteria: Applicant must be within 20 to 24 years in case of both Men and Women at the time of commencement of course.
- Academic Qualification: Any graduate with Physics and Mathematics subjects or completed B.E./B. Tech. (Four Year Course) securing at least 60% marks OR
- Applicant appearing in the final semester/year will also be eligible provided that he/she should qualify the exam and produce certificate whenever asked.
- Marital Status: Applicant must be single.
Ground Duty (Technical)/Aeronautical Engineering Branch
- Nationality: Indian citizen can apply for this post.
- Age: applicant’s age must within 20 to 26 years at the time of commencement of course.
- Marital Status: Applicant below 25 years of age, should not be married.
- Gender: Both men and women can apply.
- Educational Qualification: There are two branches in Aeronautical Engineering i.e. Electronics and Mechanical and based on stream, criteria are different.
|Aeronautical Engineering Electronics||Applicant should have obtained 60% marks each in Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level and have completed following educational qualification:|
Minimum 4 year’s Graduation/integrated post-graduation qualification in engineering/technology
Passed section A and B examination of Associate Membership of Institutions of Engineers (India) OR from Aeronautical Society of India
Applicant securing 60% marks in the Graduate membership exam of Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering by actual studies in any one of the Electronic/Engineering stream.
|Aeronautical Engineering Mechanical||Applicant must have completed 10+2 with Physics and Mathematics obtaining at least 60% marks and should have gone through one of following qualifying:|
Minimum four year graduation degree/integrated post-graduate qualification in Engineering/Technology from any recognized university
Passed section A and B exam of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India)
Aeronautical Society of India by actual studies with at least 60% marks or equivalent in the following streams:-
Note: Apart from the eligibility criteria mentioned above, applicant should be physically healthy and mentally sound. He/she must fulfill the physical and medical standards prescribed by the Air Force to meet the eligibility requirements.
Ground Duty (Non-Technical)
- Nationality: An Indian citizen can apply.
- Age Criteria: Age must be within 20 to 26 year.
- Academic Qualification: applicant must a Graduate/Post-graduate will be eligible to apply. However, applicant must have secured at least 60% marks in the qualifying exam.
- Gender: Both Men and Women can apply.
- Marital Status: Both married and unmarried can apply but applicant below 25 years must be unmarried.
Note: In Ground Duty Branches, there are several branches viz. Administration Branch, Accounts Branch, Logistic Branch, Education Branch and Meteorology Branch and the discipline of educational qualification may vary branch to branch. Hence, we advise to go through official website to get information in details with regard to a specific branch.
- After written exam, shortlisting of applicants will be done on the basis of their score.
- Those who clear the written exam will have to face screening test.
- The screening test consist of Officer Intelligence Rating Test and Picture Perception and Discussion Test.
- Applicant will also go through Psychological Test, Group Discussion to check interactive approach, conversation with Interviewing Officer.
- Those who will qualify the SSB/Interview, will go through medical examination test.
- An all India merit list will be prepared at the end on the basis of applicant’s overall performance during entire examination process including written exam and interview etc.
If any applicant having query regarding AFCAT eligibility Criteria 2018, then you may leave your query below in the comment box.