KEAM (Kerala Engineering Architecture Medical Exam) 2018 is a state level entrance exam which is organized by the CEE (Commissioner of Entrance Examination), Kerala. KEAM 2018 exam will be organized in several cities of the country. After clearing/passing this exam, applicants will get admission in numerous streams of engineering courses. Previously this examination was organized for providing admission in medical, engineering, agriculture & many other courses. From 2016 ahead, KEAM exam was arranged to provide admission in engineering courses only. For admission in allied health science courses & medical including agriculture applicant need to qualify the NEET examination, and for architecture course, applicants need to clear the NATA exam. In this article we provide every information related to KEAM 2018: Application form, Eligibility, Exam Dates, etc.
KEAM 2018 Exam Date
Tentative exam date for KEAM 2018 is given in below table. After the official dates get announced we will update it on our website:
|Selling security card along with prospectus available from||First week of January 2018|
|application form released on||First week of January 2018|
|Last date to apply for online application form||Last week of January 2018|
|Admit card available from||Last week of March 2018|
|Examination date||Last week of April 2018|
|Result Declaration||Fourth week of May 2018|
KEAM Application Form 2018
- Registration for KEAM 2018 will be done by bothoffline mode as well as online mode.
- Candidates can get the application form for KEAM 2018 from 1st week of January 2018.
- Aspirants are instructed/warned to do not fill more than 1 applicationform.
- After that applicants need to fill all the required details in the application form carefully.
- After that applicants need toupload their scanned photo, signature & thumb impression in prescribed format.
- Applicants are required tosend their printed & filled application form along with all the required documents to the address given below:
Office of the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations,
5th Floor, Housing Board Buildings,
- Applicants belong to general category need to pay 1000/- for application fee whereas applicants belong to SC category need to pay Rs. 500/- for the same.
- For STapplicants there is no application fee.
- Application fee will be made either withSecurity Card which can be bought/purchased from Demand Draft (DD) or by the selected Post Office .
- The DD should be drawn from a Scheduled/Nationalized Bank, in favor of the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations, payable/owed at Thiruvananthapuram.
Candidates need to check their eligibility criteria for the courses they want to apply:
- Applicant must be Indian citizensthen he/she is eligible to apply for this exam.
- OCI (Overseas Citizen of India)/ PIO (Persons of Indian Origins) are also eligible to apply for this exam.
- Applicants belong to Kerala state are categorized as Non-Keralite category I and Non-Keralite Category II, Keralite.
- Minimum Age:Applicants having age of 17 years as on or before 31st of December of the year of admission.
- Maximum Age:No upper age limit for this exam.
- Qualification:Applicants looking for admission in engineering courses must have complete their 10+2 or alike exam from any well-known board.
- Percentage:Applicant need to secure minimum 50% of marks in PCM subjects and also need to secure minimum 50% of marks in mathematics individually.
- Appearing Candidates: Applicants those who are appearing in their Higher Secondary exam are also eligible to apply for the exam.
KEAM Exam Pattern
- Mode:Exam will be conducted via offline mode (i.e. using pen & paper based mode).
- of papers:Examination will be held in 2 papers.
- Duration:Total time duration given is 5 hours, i.e. 2+1/2 hour for each paper.
- Types of question:MCQ’s (Multiple choice Question).
- Total questions:Each paper contain 120 Questions which means paper contain total 240 question.
- Marking Scheme:For each and every right answer applicants will be rewarded with 4 marks.
- Negative Marking:For each and every wrong answer 1 mark will be deducted for the same.
|Paper||Subject||Total Questions||Mark Scheme||Duration|
|Paper I||Physics and Chemistry||120||1 * 4=480||2:30 hour (i.e. 150 minutes)|
|Paper II||Mathematics||120||1 * 4=480||2:30 hour (i.e. 150 minutes)|
- The Syllabus will contain several topics from subjects like PCM (physics, chemistry and mathematics) subjects.
- The standard of the KEAM 2018 examination will be of 12th or alike exam.
- Applicants need to prepare for the exam from the above mentioned topics (i.e. PCM).
- Applicants are advised that questions are not based on NCERT textbook or other textbook.
KEAM Admit Card 2018
Admit card for KEAM 2018 will be available via online mode from the official website. Applicants will get their admit card in the last week of March 2018. Applicants will be needed to enter their DOB and application number to download their admit card. Admit card will not be send by post or any means to any applicant. Applicant personal details and details of exam centre/venue, exam time, exam date, etc. will be mentioned in their admit card.
KEAM Answer Key
Answer Key for KEAM 2018 will be available after the few days of exam. Applicants can check the answer key from the official website. With the help of answer key, applicant can verify their marks. For making any complaints related to the answer key, applicants need to pay Rs. 100/- per question before the last date. The fee can be paid via Demand Draft drawn in the favor of CEE, owed/payable at Thiruvananthapuram.
Result for KEAM 2018 will be published in the 4th week of May 2018. Applicants can check their results through online mode from the official website. A separate merit list will be organized for all the courses on the basis of marks grab/secured by the applicant. Merit list will be organized/arranged on the basis of 50:50 criteria, i.e. 50% for marks secured in the KEAM 2018 exam and 50% for marks secured in the qualifying examination.
KEAM 2018 Counselling
Admission Process for KEAM 2018 will be began after the merit list get released. The process of seats allocation will be prepared by CAP (Centralized Allotment Process). It will be done via SWS (Single Window System). In the counselling process, applicants need to fill the colleges/stream of their choices and lock the choices. Seats will be allotted to applicants as per the rank secured in merit list, availability of seats in colleges & filled choices. After the seat allotment procedure, applicants are required to appear at their allotted college to complete their admission process.
If any applicant having any query related to KEAM 2018, then feel free to leave your query below in the comment box.