SSC CHSL 2017: Combined Higher Secondary Level is one of the topmost level examinations in India organized by SSC (Secondary School Certificate). The examination is divided into two parts- part I is organized / held in the month of November and December and part II held in the month of March and April. Those candidates who successful to clear part I are eligible to attend part II.
Important dates (Not final) for SSC CHSL 2017:
official notification declared on
|5th August 2017|
|Application process starts from|
5th August 2017
application process ends on
|4th September 2017|
|date of application fee online (payment last)|
payment of application fee offline (payment last)
|Download admit card on|
Part I Exam held on (SSC CHSL 2017)
|17th to 30th November 2017|
|Result declaration for part I|
Part II Exam held on
|Final merit list declared on|
Vacancies offered by SSC CHSL 2017
- Data Entry Officers (DEO) -1006
- Lower Division Clerk (LDC) -2049
- Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant -3530
- Applicants must have qualified HSE (higher secondary examination) or equivalent from a state or central recognized institute.
- Minimum age limit to apply for Secondary School Certificate Combined Higher Secondary Level (SSC CHSL 2017) is 18 years and maximum age is 27 years as on 1st August 2017.
SSC CHSL 2017 Application Form, Exam Dates (10+2)
Age Relaxation given as follow :
Age relaxation for SC/ST
|Age relaxation for OBC|
Age relaxation for PH
|Age relaxation for PH+OBC|
Age relaxation for PH+SC/ST
Application form :
Applicants can apply for SSC CHSL 2017 by both through online or offline mode. Applicants are informed that before they start application procedure first check eligibility criteria for exam then apply for the same. Applicants can apply by both online mode and offline mode. If applicants go for online then he/she needs to go to official website http://ssconline2.gov.in. And for offline mode applicants need to submit their applications form in prearranged format only.
- For online mode an applicants have to go to the official website of SSC (i.e. http://ssconline2.gov.in). Applicants need to upload his/her scanned images of their photograph and signature. And at last to complete the application procedure applicants have to pay application fee.
- Uploaded photograph of applicants must be between 4 to 12 kb of size & containing resolution of 100 pixel width by 120 pixels height.
- Uploaded signature of applicants must be between 1 to 12 kb & containing resolution of 140 pixel width by 60 pixels height.
- Applicants can get application forms from the sale Centres, prearranged offices or by-post as well. An applicant have to send the mandatory documents along with correctly filled application on or before last date of application.
While made Payment through online mode:
To pay fee by online mode applicants need to pay by either through SBI bank challan (challan can be downloaded, printed & submitted at any CBS branch of SBI) or by using net banking. Minimal service charges are also be included when payment is made through net banking.
While made Payment through offline mode:
Firstly candidate has to pay Rs. 100 for application fee through CRF stamps. Before applying the stamps to the form the stamp has to be cancelled, otherwise the application form will not be accepted.
Exemption of fee–
In case of female applicant’s fee is exempt means female candidates did not have to pay for application form and all the reserved category candidates.
Before applicants start their preparation regarding examination they have to first check the complete pattern of examination. And here is a complete examination pattern given below-
Examination Pattern for Part I of SSC CHSL 2017
- The whole process is divided in 4 sections (General Intelligence, English Language, Quantitative Aptitude & General Awareness and each section contains 50 marks of each.
- Applicants have only 2 hour to complete their examination.
- The examination is printed in both Hindi as well as English language so no one get confused during examination.
- It’s a MCQ type question paper and ¼ marks will be deducted at every wrong answer.
- And each section contain a weightage of 50 marks.
Examination Pattern for Part II of SSC CHSL 2017
Those Applicants who qualify part I are eligible to give part II examination. The only purpose for this is to test the skills of the applicants related to the posts this examination will be conducted.
- Selection process will be completed after 2 stages first one is written examination and the second one personal interview. Selection of eligible applicants will be based on their performance during both the selection stages. The reserved category applicants will be adjusted against general category jobs according to the rank they grab in the merit list. The jobs of reserved categories will be filled separately by eligible applicants of reserved categories only. The draw or tie breaker for applicants scoring same marks will be based on-
- Marks that he/she grab in written examination
- On the basis of date of birth (DOB), older applicant will be given higher position in the merit list
- According to alphabetical order the higher rank will be determined.
Typing test for Lower Division Clerk
Test will be conducted both in Hindi & English for the capable applicants of written examination. All The applicants have to mention the above language that he/she use during filling the application form. This examination is also qualifying in nature. Typing speed for English language must be 35 words/minute and for Hindi language it must be 30 words/minute.
Skill test for Data Entry Officers
Test will be conducted for capable candidates of written examination. Applicants must have data entry speed of 8,000 key depression/hour on computer. All the entries that he/she made will be judged on the basis of correct entries. Duration for this skill test will be 15 minutes. A printed matter of 2000-2200 strokes/key-depressions in English language will be provided to each applicant